QUESTION Incoming PSTN display as unknown or anonymous

Chris Gicale

Reaction score
Good day!

Is it possible that incoming PSTN (Analog), which is configured as DAHDI trunk, able to display the caller's number in the extension phones.

Currently, it appear as "unknown" or "anonymous" in our extension phones once there is incoming PSTN.

Appreciate any idea (software or config or hardware).

Thank you.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
Does the PSTN provider require a subscription for the CLID service? or perhaps provide that by default?

I don't expect that the incoming caller has 'privacy enabled' to withold the number.

I don't use DAHDI so I don't know what you should expect.

Good luck.

Chris Gicale

Reaction score
@ostridge it is provided by default. Thanks for the response.
Appreciate if you could give me an idea of what will I need to do.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
pstn device configured for the correct type of caller id?

Last edited:

Chris Gicale

Reaction score
Sorry, but we have no caller id indicated. I have no idea how to do it or how to trace it.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
With a buttset listen for data sound between the first and second ring at the demarc
or connect a callerid device at the demarc.

Chris Gicale

Reaction score
Before, our telco provider said that it is not possible to put a callerid device since it's a group of analog pstn lines (trunks).
I guess it's a game over. Thanks @islandtech for the response. I really appreciate it.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I usually don't use PSTN, but did one recently with a GXW4108 and I had to program it to not pass the call to the asterisk server until after 2 rings (callerID is passed between 1st and 2nd ring) - otherwise, I would not get callerID to pass.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Is it a trunk (E&M, DID, or the likes) or a pots line. Never heard of a pots line that couldn't do incoming caller id.

You didn't mention the type of analog device.
Like @krzykat said, I know that Grandstream and obhi needs the ring delay

Chris Gicale

Reaction score
@krzykat , what is the recommended pause (in seconds?) for this subject to happen? How about signal ringing, should I need to enable it? Thanks!

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
@krzykat , what is the recommended pause (in seconds?) for this subject to happen? How about signal ringing, should I need to enable it? Thanks!

I don't have access to the GXW4108 that I was doing this with - but I'll probably go by that site next week. If I recall right, it was close on the default - which I believe was pause of 3-4 seconds ... just try adjusting it till works and then scale back, then add an extra second for safety.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Hi
on my gxw4104 I went to fxo settings, port called id settings, number of rings before pickup = ch1-4:2;
note the punctuation
that is 2 rings on ports 1 thru 4

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, just now went by office with the FXO, so if you need further settings, ask me now before I leave there :)

upload_2017-4-28_12-21-31.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.