SOLVED Incoming IVR Timeout

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
My incoming call IVR is configured with options to connect to various departments and information on incoming calls.

The IVR recording offers the caller to "Please stay on the line or Press 0 to locate someone to answer your call." The Zero option and staying on the line is intended to ring all phones in the system (it's a small office with eight phones).

The client wants things simple, as they're coming from an X-Blue key system where incoming calls do ring all phones. (The IVR is intended in part to stop robo calls.) The first person to pick up the phone gets the call!

The "0" option works just fine and does ring the phones: all phones are in a destination ring group.

The problem is with the 'timeout' delay to be less than about ten seconds before ringing the intended time-out destination ring group (all phones). Where/how is the IVR timeout option configured? I would expect the

I want to reduce or remove timeout delay, but a recording could be played during the ten seconds of silence would also be acceptable.

The system is a new IncrediblePBX 13.12L.2, running on CentOS 6.8.

/Pete./

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
In the IVR Options, "Timeout". I assume this is what you are looking for?

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
The small blue circle with the ? will give a brief description/explanation of the option.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
@tbrummell, @islandtech ... thanks for your suggestions ... been there, done both of those, but the time before the phones ring does not change. I also tried using negative numbers in the timeout field, and no change. And for grins, I tried larger numbers to see if there was change. Not!

Even tried disabling the timeout alltogether ... no change.

Is there a more global setting that I'm just not finding that might have an effect on this?

TIA
/Pete./

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Just setup a test ivr with option 0 going to a ring group and time out to the same ring group

Attachments

• test-ivr.pdf
    56.2 KB · Views: 10

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your input and suggestions. Where I went off into south park was in assuming that a timeout value of "0" meant "zero seconds". What I have learned after spending some time with the FreePBX Wiki and the specific reference to configuring IVRs, that the value of "0" is meaningless. (Who'd'a thunk that to be the case?) The recommendation was 4 to 5 (seconds) as the value for the timeout option.

So, I tried a value of "2" and eureka! IT WORKS as I had intended. I can even play a very brief "connecting now" message following the timeout.

So, it helps to RTFM! Ya' gotta' learn something every day, I guess. In my embarrassment, I can only express my appreciation for all of the technical expertise that this community presents.

/Pete./

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.