QUESTION Incoming call to extension with Confirm Calls - DMTF not working

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Mobile user cannot confirm the call with DTMF when calls go via trunk A (anveo, dtmfmode=rfc2833).
Mobile user can confirm the call with DTMF when calls go via trunk B (difference provider, dtmfmode=info).

I would like to know what to do to have DMTF working over trunk A.

My system ( Asterisk 11.18.0 Incredible GUI 12.0.30 ).
The calls are incoming (from DID or from another extension) directly to an extension, which has confirm calls enabled and forwards calls to a SIP device and to two mobile phones:
003xxxxxxxxxxx#
001xxxxxxxxxxx#

I have tried to vary the dmtfmode setting in the outgoing trunk A (inband, auto), but no success.
How can I get DTMF working on trunk A?

Last edited:

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Mobile user cannot confirm the call with DTMF when calls go via trunk A (anveo, dtmfmode=rfc2833).
Mobile user can confirm the call with DTMF when calls go via trunk B (difference provider, dtmfmode=info).

I would like to know what to do to have DMTF working over trunk A.

A DID is forwarding calls using SIP URI to my system ( Asterisk 11.18.0 Incredible GUI 12.0.30 ).
The calls are sent to an extension, which has confirm calls enabled and forwards calls to a SIP device and to two mobile phones:

I have tried to vary the dmtfmode setting in the outgoing trunk A (inband, auto), but no success.
Can it be related to a system setting on the inbound SIP URI?

I know it might seem silly, but have you tried holding down the key for a longer time? I have had trouble in the past where in order to get the pbx to recognize the tone, I had to press and hold the key. Sometimes I have the tendency to just quickly tap the key which a cell will recognize but dtmf in audio will not because it is to short. I usually use rfc2823, btw.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Thanks but thats not the problem here. ...and I have tried your suggestion :)

Trunk A does not allow me DTMF and I would like to know what to do about it.

kenn10

Reaction score
Thanks but thats not the problem here. ...and I have tried your suggestion :)

Trunk A does not allow me DTMF and I would like to know what to do about it.

On the trunk group that does not work, set DTMF=inband and see if that works. Also, if you are running G.729 on the trunk in question, DTMF=inband won't work either. Depending on the provider, rfc2833 is not always reliable.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion, but I retried that and does not work. ulaw only.

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
hey guys so i been told by clients that when they call the MENU aka... IVR tills them to select a option Press 1, PRess etc...

when they select an option IT keeps playing the message and never once detects they chose and option.

its a Google voice trunk no other trunks but.

i only have ulaw selectd dose that matter?

i getting to the point where i just wanna turn off IVR its getting ugh people dont wanna call

phones that have the issue the most seem to be LAND LINE and Voice over ip.... & sometimes a cell phone

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
find that logger at
Try looking in the /etc/asterisk directory
There are various logger* files existing
Or from console
Code:
root@raspberrypi3:~ $ ls -al /etc/asterisk/logger*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 asterisk asterisk  52 May 20  2015 /etc/asterisk/logger.conf -> /var/www/html/admin/modules/logfiles/etc/logger.conf
-rwxrwxr-x 1 asterisk asterisk 735 Feb  9 22:51 /etc/asterisk/logger_general_additional.conf
-rwxrwxr-x 1 asterisk asterisk   0 Dec  4  2012 /etc/asterisk/logger_general_custom.conf
-rwxrwxr-x 1 asterisk asterisk 753 Feb  9 22:51 /etc/asterisk/logger_logfiles_additional.conf
-rwxrwxr-x 1 asterisk asterisk   0 Dec  4  2012 /etc/asterisk/logger_logfiles_custom.conf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.