QUESTION inbound18.vitelity.net

jules68

Reaction score
my raspbx fell of the shelf and somehow got corrupted.:angelsad2:

So time for new pbx. I tried pbxiaf5, xivo etc

Could not get inbound calls to work.
chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate device "941xxxXXXX" <sip:[email protected]>;tag=as3664e20f

Many server destroys and hours later I looked at iptables and noticed that the ip address for inbound18.vitelity.net was not on the list.

I ran add-fqdn and its now working. Did I misconfig or was inbound18.vitelity.net left out of setup?

Thanks

billsimon

Reaction score
You misconfigured and the inbound18 server doesn't need to be in your iptables. Notice that in the log message you posted, you received an inbound call from 64.2.142.116 which is inbound18.

The misconfiguration is that you needed to have insecure=port,invite in your trunk settings. Apparently now you do, and previously, you didn't.

jules68

Reaction score
insecure=all is selected on trunk settings. Still not letting the call in.

Any other things to check?

Is there any issue using add-fqdn to register server fqdn?

I am on vultr using xivo 16.15. I also tried before upgrade.

Thanks

Last edited:

billsimon

Reaction score
No issue, it just should not be necessary since you are registering to inbound18 and effectively opening the firewall by doing so.

Set qualify=yes in the trunk settings to keep some regular traffic flowing from your server to the provider.

billsimon

Reaction score
By the way, I don't know about insecure=all. I have never used that value. It might not be right. Check to make sure that is a valid option. Normally I set insecure=port,invite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BKhumalo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.