- Oct 12, 2007
- Reaction score
I think we're ready for a few pioneers for the new IBM Bluemix TTS service with Wazo. The beta for Issabel is available in the next post of this thread.
You really can't beat the voice quality OR the price:
To get started on Wazo platform, install Amazon's Polly TTS service using this Nerd Vittles tutorial.
Then read up on IBM Bluemix in this Nerd Vittles tutorial. Complete the steps for:
Creating an IBM Bluemix Speech to Text Account
To add Text to Speech functionality to your IBM account:
1. Login as documented above.
2. Choose Text to Speech Service.
3. Create a new TTS Space under your username pulldown at the top of the dialog.
4. Click Create to create the new TTS service.
5. Create new service credentials for your TTS service -> New credential:Add
6. Expose your credentials and write down your username and password.
To add IBM TTS support to Wazo:
1. Login to your server as root with SSH/Putty and perform these steps:
cd / wget http://incrediblepbx.com/ibmtts-wazo.tar.gz tar zxvf ibmtts-wazo.tar.gz nano -w /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/ibmtts.php
3. Edit /etc/asterisk/extensions_extra.d/xivo-extrafeatures.conf
4. Search for the 951 context and change the pollytts entry to ibmtts
5. Reload the dialplan: asterisk -rx "dialplan reload"
6. Call 951 for Yahoo News from a phone on your PBX.
Demo available here by choosing option 5:
You can compare Polly TTS voice by calling back and choosing option 6.