IAX2 registration

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
I have a server that has had a IAX trunk registered for over two weeks with no issues.

I moved this server to a new location and now my IAX trunk may or may not register. I can try for hours reloading IAX, iptables, enabling / disabling the IAX trunk all with no luck. After all this, out of the blue, IAX will start working automagically for awhile, then dead again.

Anyone had an issue like this? Im starting to think I have a modem/router issue.

gregc

Guru
Reaction score
Check up time on your router if possible. When I had a similar issue, it turned out to be the router rebooting itself.

-Greg

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
What do you mean by that statement?

I built the PBX at my office and let it run for a few weeks. Zero issues.

Packed it up, drove it two miles down the road and installed for a customer.

My IAX2 trunks came online and looked good. After a few hours, IAX2 trunks dropped out for most of the day. They are out right now. The DSL connection is working now, but the IAX2 is still down and I cant force it in by doing a "iax2 reload".

I do have a DSL modem thats dropping the Internet, but I would think the trunks would auto reconnect.

At this point I think the PBX needs rebooted or the DSL modem needs power cycled.

The DSL issue needs to be fixed for sure.

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
Resolved, for now. I changed to a different voip.ms IAX server and the trunk popped in service. Strange, I have a feeling this issue will return.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.