TIPS How to upgrade

Norskman123

Reaction score
More good work by Nerd Uno and his meery men of Vittilites.

I have been running the Backup utility for a long time now on a daily basis.

What is not totally clear to simple lemmings like me, is that I would like to move the latest and greatest just released.

Can I start again, configure everything and then run a restore from backup to get back all the extensions, trucks dial patterns etc?

I am not in the mood to retype everything back again.

I was planning to load the newly released:Incredible PBX 11 etc released today

I am on:
PIAF 2.0.6.2
FreePBX 2.11.0.2
Asterisk 1.8.8.0
Centos 6.4 Final
Kernal 2.6.32-220.2.1.e16.i686 - 32 bit

Some advice on this would be useful

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Incredible PBX is a snapshot of a build (built by us) that includes all of FreePBX as well as lots of other stuff. If you load it and then overwrite it with a snapshot of your FreePBX stuff, then you get a mess. Sorry. It's really not that difficult to cut-and-paste from an old and new server. Trust us. We've done it at least a hundred times.

If you're just talking about PBX in a Flash, it's easier. Just be sure to get your old system up to the exact same version of FreePBX that is loaded on the new server. Then make a backup and restore it.

Norskman123

Reaction score
ok, that explains quite a bit;
In my case I only have one machine that I use, that I want to upgrade.

Are there certain files that could be copied, I am just trying to save myself a lot of effort going through extension settings, route settings, dial plans etc.
That would be another way forward - its very easy to copy off the files. Otherwise I will have to take screen dumps or something like that of the old system. Wipe it with the new software and just go through every screen.

Any advice gratefully received.

skywise

Reaction score
I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to upgrade.
I'm at:
PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.3
FreePBX Version = 2.11.0.2
Running Asterisk Version = 11.0.1
Asterisk Source Version = 11.0.1

What's the best method of upgrading?
Ward's asterisk upgrade script?
Full reinstall of piaf 20644?
Or is this version good enough for now?

Greg

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Only thing I'd upgrade is the Asterisk version with update-source. Everything else should be fine. I would run FreePBX updates too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.