SOLVED How to setup phones with IPBX 13-13?

HermanMiller

Reaction score
Hi.
Newbie here. Just set up IPBX at vultr following tutorial but can't find instructions on how to configure the phones.

Thanks

EDIT - so I figured out the basics. Was getting confused by mentions of endpoint manager and couldn't find it, etc.

Realized just had to go to phones web interface an fill in fields. Found by searching for my phone model number and FreePBX on the google.
For any future ref, this is the link I used: https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/Aastra

Problem now is phone says "no service". In the phone's web ui I see status 503. Gonna google that up now but any help appreciated.
Also, is there anywhere in the PBX ui I can see logs or monitor connections, etc.?
Thanks again.

Last edited:

HermanMiller

Reaction score
Ok, so I figured it out. Two problems.
a) when I configured the 'proxy server' and 'registration server' the instruction I found did not say anything about the port. Port had to be 5060 for both.
b) may be unique to my phone (aastra 6731) but for proxy and server names it will resolve a DNS A record but not a DNS CNAME record. Seems a peculiar quirk but it was definitely a problem. Changed my DNS to an A record and now it resolves fine.

I'm online and I can talk to LENNY!
Now to get GV working....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.