TIPS How to provision unsupported FXS?

Setel

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm trying to register device from this image to PBX(NAS):
jufxj9.jpg
That is sometime possible only in TCP mode. Phone will even ring on Play Media Prompt File from management console, but no music is played.

In some fxs template you can see Syslog Server section. I think it would be convenient to set and view such logs from management console...

Last edited:

YiannisH

Support Team
Reaction score
If you have an unsupported local FXS device you can still manually configure it using the credentials from the extension you are going to use to register the device.

Setel

Reaction score
I'm afraid that is not my diagram. Probably ISP slightly modified application diagram from manufacturer.
For deeper understanding we can look similar examples from some great countries:
Fixed option 1: the managed voice over broadband (VoBB) – all customers have to be migrated to a broadband-based platform, and use an analog terminal adapter (ATA) to connect their existing voice handset to their broadband modem (residential gateway).
(MSAN) – service providers replace the existing PSTN equipment and explicitly move the subscribers to an NGN voice platform with the conversion performed by the “line card” at the street cabinet or the local exchange.

It seems that this untypical device will try to register to home PBX every half hour. It will not register unless Disallow use of extension... is unchecked.

Now one remaining major problem is that extension will still unsuccessfully send audio to PBX even for external calls where everything should remain on WAN side(remember, still not equals to Internet)!

Thank you.

Setel

Reaction score
Maybe there is simple solution to this quasi remote extension similar to nginx conf:
allow 192.168.0.0/16;
allow 172.16.0.0/12;
allow 10.0.0.0/8;

When extension is set not to use PBX for audio and private IP of extension is in another class:
* PBX should compare IP class of "remote" extension and IP of providers server(both in 10.0.0.0/8).
In that case at least external calls from analog phones will work.

PBX will still deliver audio when same extension is using softphone on local LAN calling external number.

Before PBX you can use up to 2 analog phones with this ISP.
With PBX analog phones can be still be used for external calls(although old DECT phone displays correct CID even for internal calls, but without audio).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.