TIPS How to make outbound CallerID to show up "restricted" and not be rejected by carrier?

nateornat

Reaction score
I'm running IncrediblePBX 13 and have a few people that would like to have their caller ID show up as "restricted" or "unavailable".
I have tried to enter "restricted" in the extension callerID field, and it will work 30% of the time. But when it doesn't, In my logs it says the call we rejected by the carrier due to invalid caller ID. That being said, does anyone know what format i can put in the caller id field to make this work so it shows up "unavailable" or "restricted"?

Side question: In the web gui under outbound routes, it says you can enter CallerID in this format: <#######> or in this format: "hidden" <#######>, Does this mean this is exactly how i should enter this? or are the ###### to be replaced with an actual number?
And should i leave the " " around hidden?

Thanks for you help in advance.

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
Just "hidden" will do the trick. Worked for me

nateornat

Reaction score
I have been looking and found this to be what 1 carrier told me to try. Do I need to do this or does pbx in a flash do this for me if i add "hidden" to the CID field?
I am running Asterisk 13
And since i can't stop these f-ing smiley faces from showing up when i type, this is the link to where i read this.
https://faktortel.com.au/support/asterisk/caller_id.php

The best way to set CallerID on a SIP connection is to use the P-ASSERTED-IDENTITY and PRIVACY flags in your SIP headers.
This can be done easily by inserting the following code in your extensions.conf before dialling a number:
exten => _X.,n,SIPAddHeader(P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:${CALLERID(num)}@YOUR_IP>)
exten => _X.,n,SIPAddHeader(Privacy:eek:ff)

The "
${CALLERID(num))@YOUR_IP
" is replaced with something like:
[email protected]

with the part before the "
@
" being the number you want to send as CallerID.

E.g.
exten => _X.,n,SIPAddHeader(P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:[email protected]>)

The second header is:
Privacy:eek:ff

Changing this to:
Privacy:id

Will set the call to PRIVATE when sent to the PSTN, and changing it to Privacy:eek:ff will allow the callerID to be sent through.

You will also have to make a change to SIP.CONF and add the following two settings under the [general] section:

SIP.CONF
[general]
sendrpid=yes ; For Asterisk 1.8 you need sendrpid=pai
trustrpid=yes

Last edited:

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
exten => _X.,n,SIPAddHeader(P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:[email protected]>)

Oh you could have used "\[code\]\[\/code\]" tags for that = you might not have noticed that the boxed '+' symbol on the bb toolbar is a dropdown thus:-

Code.JPG

So your code should be shown as and without the :eek:ff
Code:
exten => _X.,n,SIPAddHeader(P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:${CALLERID(num)}@YOUR_IP>)
exten => _X.,n,SIPAddHeader(Privacy:off)

And oh! I should have put a f*ing smiley here but what the hell

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.