GO HERE How to install G729 on PIAF-Green IncrediblePBX

gordon

Reaction score
I want to enable g729 support. I've read in posts that I must purchase a license and install the codec. I enabled the option in the PIAF Webmin under SIP settings, but now I need to install the codec. I did not see this option using "pbx-menu" or "help-pbx". So, how do I install the codec for PIAF to use?

gordon

Reaction score

mattseymour

Reaction score
I believe it might be possible to use an open source codec, depending on software patents in your country, but I went for the digium codec. It's licensed per concurrent channel. There are instructions on the digium site, you download a tool which runs some simulations and finds the best build of the codec for your cpu. You download the appropriate codec and stick in the folder as instructed. Then there's a register procedure that creates a license key based on the purchased I'd and the MAC address of the server. The whole process, following the digium instructions, was painless.

But it does all need to be done from the server cli, so ssh or terminal access.

gordon

Reaction score
I believe it might be possible to use an open source codec, depending on software patents in your country, but I went for the digium codec. It's licensed per concurrent channel. There are instructions on the digium site, you download a tool which runs some simulations and finds the best build of the codec for your cpu. You download the appropriate codec and stick in the folder as instructed. Then there's a register procedure that creates a license key based on the purchased I'd and the MAC address of the server. The whole process, following the digium instructions, was painless.

But it does all need to be done from the server cli, so ssh or terminal access.

Thank you Matt. I got it working simple enough using the digium instructions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.