NO JOY How to get Prosody to play nice with FreePBX?

Aaron Outhier

Santa's helper (subordinate Claus)
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm racking my brain on this. Trying to install FreePBX module XMPP on my IncrediblePBX for Raspberry Pi. First, I'm told that /usr/bin/prosody is missing, so 'apt-get install prosody'. Then, I'm told it's an old version of prosody. So I download the source code and compile. Still says it's an old version.

Researching the issue, it appears that the official FreePBX distro uses a patched prosody binary executable. Where, oh where, can I find the relevant patch? Perhaps there is some other way to get it working?

Of course, I'm assuming that this is how I get Instant Messaging working on Asterisk. Zoiper, for example, has an IM client, and several SIP phone models also support messaging of some kind.

Help!!

miguel

Reaction score
have youbsolved your problem? I want to install prosody as well but Ibdont seem to find a step by step tutorial.

Aaron Outhier

Santa's helper (subordinate Claus)
Reaction score
Miguel,
I have installed prosody prior to my posting this, however, this wasn't exactly the problem. I need a patched version of prosody, or a copy of the patch used in the first place, etc.

However, you have been vague as to your exact issue? Are you JUST trying to install the regular Prosody, or one that will work with the XMPP plugin in FreePBX?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.