how to get 2 channels of Vitelity to work correctly?

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
I have a Vitelity registered in a pbxinaflash asterisk server as 2 channels. If one channel is being used the next call is busy instead of ringing the second channel and I get this: A call to your DID xxxxxxx has failed at 7:54am on 09/03/2008. We received 'CHANUNAVAIL' when attempting to route the call to your server or device.
I'm confused as why it does not ring the second channel. Do you have to physically put the trunk settings in twice or just place a 2 in the number of channels menu box?

cjkeeme

Guru
Reaction score
A call to your DID xxxxxxx has failed at 7:54am on 09/03/2008. We received 'CHANUNAVAIL' when attempting to route the call to your server or device.

This is interesting as from my experience this error code from Vitelity means they simply could not connect to your server at all.

But you say you are currently on the line when this message is being sent to you? Perhaps you can track down some part in the Asterisk log in which trunks are losing registration.

It is also possibly a Vitelity issue as I know for certain that Vitelity was having connection issues last week, but they seem to be resolved. Put a ticket in with Vitelity - they are fantastic with getting back to you quickly.

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
that's just it the trunk is not losing registration at all, just the second channel is not working

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
so i spoke with vitelity and they were totally useless. I was attempting to explain my freepbx setup and the said we cannot help you, we do not support 3rd party applications.

Bart

Reaction score
Try removing the registration string on you asterisk box for Vitelity and make sure your asterisk IP is in the list at Vitelity

Bart

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
so i spoke with vitelity and they were totally useless. I was attempting to explain my freepbx setup and the said we cannot help you, we do not support 3rd party applications.

I'm reminded of the old Mark Twain adage about bankers:
A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it starts to rain.

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
I'm just going to load up a DID here in my office today and do some testing. The one I was referring to is at one my clients sites. I have never used Vitelity's DID's before with my clients.

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
this is still kicking my butt.
setup:
pstn number 854-xxxx forward on busy only to vitelity DID 591-xxxx

test call into 854-xxxx ivr picks up
2nd call in 854-xxxx is in use so it forwards to 591-xxxx correctly and the ivr picks up.
3rd call in gets a busy signal.

so i have come to the conclusion that i can make 2 outbound calls at the same time with the vitelity DID but can only receive 1 inbound call and the second one is busy.

Am I missing something here? if my vitelty DID is 2 channels and 1 is in use it should still ring the 2nd channel

Bart

Reaction score
post your trunk setup -

are you still registering? Vitelity recommends not registering, but making two trunks - one in and one out

Bart

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
I have followed their support section for freepbx settings. I have setup an inbound and outbound trunk:

Inbound:
type=friend
username=xxxx
secret=xxxx
context=from-trunk ; (this could be ext-did or from-pstn as well)
insecure=very
canreinvite=no
host=inbound1.vitelity.net
disallow=all
allow=ulaw&gsm

reg string:xxx:[email protected]:5060

another thing I noticed in their examples in at their support page the have the inbound setting in the outbound box? is this correct?
I'm not really familiar with Vitelity, trying them out.

Bart

Reaction score
Here's what I have - inbound and outbound are two different trunks and NO registration string:

Outgoing
Trunk name = VITELITY-IN
Peer details:

type=friend
username=meusername
secret=mysecret
context=from-pstn
insecure=very
canreinvite=no
host=inbound5.vitelity.net
disallow=all
allow=g729
qualify=yes
dtmfmode=auto
rfc2833compensate=yes

Incoming ALL empty - nothing in registration string

Second New Trunk
Outgoing
Trunk name = VITELITY-OUT
Peer details:

type=friend
username=myusername
fromuser=myfromname
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
secret=mesecret
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
host=outbound1.vitelity.net
disallow=all
allow=g729
qualify=yes

Incoming ALL empty - nothing in registration string

Bart

Oops, I forgot one more important part - if you use the above configuration, you need to add your IP to the list on Vitelity control panel

Bart

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
when i remove my registration string nothing rings in goes straight to a busy signal. this blows

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
put my registration back in and its rings in again but only on one channel...baffeled

Bart

Reaction score
Send me log-on info and I'll take a look - maybe new eyes are needed. We have Vitelity exclusively without issues

Bart
[email protected]

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
found something new..maybe it won't work this way. if i busy out my pstn line it will forward to the vitelity did. place a call to the pstn line while both are busy the i get a busy. place that 3rd call to the vitelity did and it does ring in.

so basically its not allowing me to hunt or forward off of the pstn line more than one time

pstn>vitelity>busy
i need pstn>vitelity>vitelity

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
you have vitelity but do you forward from your pstn lines or are you pure voip in.

Varphonex lets you build your hunt group with their service and it works great.

So I set clients up with the main number as a pstn line then hunt down through my varphonex DID's when the main line is busy. I have not been able to do this with Vitelity's setup.

Bart

Reaction score
Huh?

Let me get this straight:

outside caller dials telco pstn - the pstn is telco CF to Vitelity DID - Vitelity send call toward asterisk?

Bart

kenn10

Reaction score
This is sounding like the problem is not Vitelity but with your local telco. There are two levels of call forwarding available on a POTS line: Forward only one call or forward many. The forward many is more expensive. Check with your telco on those options if this is the issue.

So far as I can tell, Vitelity will send me as many calls to my Vitelity DID number as I allow over my Vitelity trunk group. Since its pay as you go, they don't seem to limit the number of inbound calls themselves (even though they show a finite number of channels.)

Could this be your issue?

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
but...if the telco is forwarding on busy to a DID with multiple channels available I would think it would still ring the next available channel even if the first channel is in use. still makes no sense to me and I understand the telco side.

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
exactly bart

caller calls pstn, if busy telco forwards to vitelity DID registered in asterisk server

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.