TIPS How many concurrent calls on a 512 MB Digital Ocean server?

Reaction score
Hello:

Can anyone tell me how many concurrent calls the following Digital Ocean serve, running PIAF, can safely handle?

512 MB
1 CPU
20 GB SSD Disk
1000 GB Transfer

Also, on a smallish server, should I use a 32 Bit version of Linux?

Thanks for any input on these questions or any advice that you might offer,

Rob.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
@Robert.Thompson could you confirm if you are transcoding?

For example a raspberry pi 512mb ram, 8gb sd card, set to only use the g711 codec will cope with up to 15 simultaneous calls using freeswitch as the sip server.

could you confirm, asterisk version, freepbx version, whether apache is running.

Reaction score
@Robert.Thompson could you confirm if you are transcoding?

For example a raspberry pi 512mb ram, 8gb sd card, set to only use the g711 codec will cope with up to 15 simultaneous calls using freeswitch as the sip server.

could you confirm, asterisk version, freepbx version, whether apache is running.

Wow!!!! That is impressive.

I'm thinking that it would be a default setup of PIAF: (unless it would be better to use a 32 bit version of linux)
Incredible PBX 11.17.1 for Ubuntu 14
Asterisk 11.19.0 FreePBX 2.11.0.35

I see that, by default, Apache is running on my existing D/O server.

What is Apache used for the PIAF context?

Thanks,

Rob.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
It drives Freepbx - you need it. If you're not transcoding you should be OK up to 25 or so calls. If you can add more memory it would help extend that.

It doesn't really matter whether you use 32 or 64 bit, though most people are using 64 bit exclusively these days I think . . .

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.