QUESTION How can this call flow be created?

ThePhotoDude

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Jordan and I am a photographer and computer programmer. I have been tasked with the assignment of finding/creating a solution to our phone presence issue. My brother and I own a small, but growing photography company, and we want to have the following features available to us which are used by larger companies: A simple greeting to incoming callers, hours of operation logic, and a way to transfer a call in call from my cell phone to my brother's cell phone. I have tried Grasshopper and it is basically what we need, but I don't like their customer service, I don't want to use their app, and I don't want to pay over $60 per month for the simple features I need. I have created the raspberry pi/PBXinaflash setup, but it was an all voip setup and the call quality on my cell phone was not very good ( I used Google voice as the trunk). I am out of the office all day, and I am already paying big bucks for our cell phone plan through Verizon. Verizon has an auto attendant option, but for the simple features we want, I feel their prices are outrageous.

I have created a super simple call flow diagram to present to the gurus with the hope that implementation of such a system can be used.

I have come across the following terminology which is related, but I don't know how to implement it: fxo gateway, cloud pbx, Voicexml, as well as the following article: http://info.teledynamics.com/blog/why-you-should-connect-your-voip-phone-system-to-a-mobile-network

I feel like I am close, but the pieces are all ostensibly dissonant to my current understanding of the telephony process. I would pay money for a tutorial!

Thanks a bunch for taking time out of your schedules to help!

Attachments

• Call flow system diagram.jpg
    Call flow system diagram.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 13

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
You should be able to accomplish what you want. If a call comes in to the DID into the PBX - and you end up sending it to an extension which has follow-me to your cell phone - you will get the call. Then when you want to transfer the call, just do rapid ## - you will then be presented with dialtone to transfer to another extension. Then enter the other extension with follow-me to the other cell phone - and you should be good. The trick with what you are doing is keeping the call in the system so that you can have system controls.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I kinda wonder if this isnt' a job for voip.ms. They have a hosted solution for about $5 a month / line plus usage that will do all you want. The Pi way is a good choice, but if call quality was bad when you were testing things that makes me wonder about the quality of your internet connection wherever you have it setup. For a limited deployment like this I'm just thinking it's one of the times I might not do something in house.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
I kinda wonder if this isnt' a job for voip.ms.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Your needs are very simple at the moment, and it would save the trouble of setting up your own PBX, backing it up routinely, and providing battery backup for the PBX, router, and modem in case of power outages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.