SOLVED How can I make a phone immediately call another extension when picked up (Like a doorphone)

nateornat

Reaction score
Im' running Incredible PBX 13-13, I have a couple guest phones that we want to call immediately to an extension, when they are picked up. They do not need to call anywhere else. I think this can be done through the dial-plan somehow, but not sure. Maybe custom context? You assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

kenn10

Reaction score
Im' running Incredible PBX 13-13, I have a couple guest phones that we want to call immediately to an extension, when they are picked up. They do not need to call anywhere else. I think this can be done through the dial-plan somehow, but not sure. Maybe custom context? You assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

What you are looking for is commonly referred to as "hotline" service. Asterisk/FreePBX/IncrediblePBX have no way to do this for SIP telephones. It may be possible if using analog phones via DAHDI or with some analog terminal adapters. For SIP devices, it is normally accomplished on the device as a feature on that phone. You'll need to research your phone features for your devices. Check for hotline, autodial, etc. to see if such a feature is available on your device.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I have a couple guest phones that we want to call immediately to an extension, when they are picked up. They do not need to call anywhere else. I think this can be done through the dial-plan somehow, but not sure.

As Kenn10 said, it is a function you will find via your phone, not the PBX. Grandstream are pretty decent cheap phones to do this with, and you can find this under Call Feature -> Off-Hook Auto Dial.
On Yealink, it is under Features -> Hotline Number.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
If I recall, you can also accomplish this function using an ATA and a basic analogue phone. Even better if you can find a phone with no dial or keypad. Programm the ATA to immediately dial any number, or extension.

nateornat

Reaction score
As Kenn10 said, it is a function you will find via your phone, not the PBX. Grandstream are pretty decent cheap phones to do this with, and you can find this under Call Feature -> Off-Hook Auto Dial.
On Yealink, it is under Features -> Hotline Number.

Perfect, I was using Grandstream Phones, and it was right where you said, and was very simple to do. Thanks again everyone! Awesome forum once again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.