R.I.P. HiFormance Responded

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Kimberly, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Kimberly

Kimberly New Member

I filed two disputes with PayPal over HiFormance and they actually responded to the disputes. For a company that supposedly folded it appears that they didn't actually fold. I am thinking scam here and that it would be nice to see a class action lawsuit against these people. The website http://hiformance.com hasn't completely shut but returns a message "Check back in a few hours for upcoming announcement." Are they planning on scamming people out of their money and then open up shop again? Maybe a letter to the Attorney General's office in California.

2. AndyInNYC

AndyInNYC Active Member

Was their response anything other than 'yeah, we took the money and then shut down'?

Andrew

3. geopeterwc

geopeterwc Guru

I filed a claim with PayPal for my three-year $30 account that was established at the end of August 2018. I was fully reimbursed within five days of filing the claim! Though I had two other claims: one that was 185 days after setup (a one-year, $10 account), and a one-year "special" $8.99 account from mid September - both were denied.

So, in my experience I was tripped up by PayPal's time frame for filing a claim had expired, but it looks like they took the $8.99 "special" and ran away with it. In all, I'm happy with the $30 reimbursement, and I am OK with the denied "special".

The "check back in a few hours" message started appearing on December 22nd, so that's not new.

/Pete./

4. wardmundy

wardmundy Nerd Uno

Yeah. The HiFormance clowns are being cute in their responses apparently claiming that their offering was a "virtual service." No mention of the fact that it stopped working.