FOOD FOR THOUGHT Hiformance hosting reliability

restamp

Reaction score
I'm probably living on borrowed time, but my HiFormance Chicago server has been active throughout this discussion and continues to run quite robustly. I really like this server for its super-low RTTs to nearly everywhere I route VoIP traffic.

(Keeping my fingers crossed, but running daily backups just the same...)

qtlnx

Reaction score
HiFormance is gone.
Yeah, I read sad news after posting here. To make matters worse my system was in LA.
The most confusing part is that there was no announcement and still isn't on my client page, despite someone's screen showing announcement on the same page.
Slightly off topic, I see you recommended skyetel, but its prices are several times higher then v1voip for identical service items.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, I see you recommended skyetel, but its prices are several times higher then v1voip for identical service items.

V1VoIP is a wholesaler, like Anveo Direct. If you are a reseller, you need to mention that to the Skyetel folks when you sign up. Their pricing can be very competitive with V1VoIP and AnveoDirect pricing. Having said that, many Nerd Vittles users are not wholesalers and need a rock-solid reliable platform with support. To the best of my knowledge, Skyetel has never had a communications failure with their triple-redundant platform. And that brings us back to HiFormance. You get what you pay for! Ever tried to get support from V1VoIP or Anveo Direct?

qtlnx

Reaction score
Ever tried to get support from V1VoIP
Yes, half of dozen timely resolved support tickets and recently even spoke to its head (not sure what his position is) personally. He wasn't at all pleased with very low amount of money I was spending with v1voip but still resolved a technical and billing problem I got into recently. My strong understanding is that no client is refused if at least 25 cents a month is spent.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
I'm probably living on borrowed time, but my HiFormance Chicago server has been active throughout this discussion and continues to run quite robustly. I really like this server for its super-low RTTs to nearly everywhere I route VoIP traffic.

(Keeping my fingers crossed, but running daily backups just the same...)
Crossing your fingers and backups won't help after Friday - they are going out of business. The only issue with service is for folks needing access to their data before the final shutdown occurs.

See https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/hiformance-alert.23384/

Move the server now to avoid disruption.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OctavianBebu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.