GOOD NEWS HiFormance Alternatives

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
This Nextcloud server (which is my only Nextcloud server) is essentially a backup to personal files stored at home, pics/docs and such, so it actually *is* the backup. I've never bothered to look at a backup solution for it because of this.
It has worked very well for the months I've had the setup. 2 PC's at home (her's and mine) sync to the cloud, phones sync pictures to the cloud, PC's also sync phone pictures back to respective PC's, essentially keeping copies of everything in 2 (or 3 if you include the phones storage) locations in real-time.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Don't forget to remove your recurring payment from Paypal (if you set up such a thing) if your cycle is coming due (mine is January). Just because they quit leasing server space won't mean they turned off the billing system.

shetu

Reaction score
I used prepaid card for make payment. How do I remove billing information from this website?

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
HostedSimply is in the deadpool (out of business) list. Back up your data NOW

KNERD

Reaction score
Got a source for that? Their site is still up, and and seems to be working fine, nor is there any announcment.

KNERD

Reaction score
I do have an account with HostedSImply, but did not renew my one year which came up on December 2 due to horrible service,
I never got anything from them on this.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Crazy thing ... my HostedSimply VPS servers are still running! (I am prepared with services on CrownCloud when Hosted Simply simply goes dark, though.) And ... now I suspect because many users have pulled their plug, and reducing the 'load' on the host servers, the performance on HS has been "flawless" ... but then, tomorrow may be (likely) a different story!
/Pete./

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, mine is up too, but have since migrated to AlphaVPS. 1TB Nextcloud instance for 60 Euro/yr, or around $100/CND. I would have went with BuyVM in Las Vegas node for a little less money, but they didn't have any stock. I got notified the next day they now had inventory, but I pulled the trigger with AlphaVPS by then.

Only problem with my AlphaVPS storage instance, is that it is in Bulgaria, but surprisingly the transit time isn't bad from North America.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Hosted Simply: They're dead, Fred! I've read that ColoCrossing had required that Hosted Simply and the others of their ilk to remain operational for an additional 10 days (from December 9th) to give their "victims" opportunity to retrieve data and establish alternative services. It appears that is what happened.

But, their web site is still operational, and the VPS Control Panel appears to still function.

/Pete./

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.