GOOD NEWS HiFormance Alternatives

KNERD

Reaction score
I am noticing these providers are all switching to SSD drives, all while cutting the amount of storage down.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Ward,

I'd like to do a speedtest comparison with my VPS at flipperhost. What routine are you using to test?

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
After the dramatic failures of HiFormance and AlphaRacks, I opted for two accounts with HostedSimply (LA data center). Except for some initial startup issues, i.e., both of the servers would go unresponsive, and no action on my part would restore function. Trouble tickets would result in the servers coming back on line, only to fail again 24 to 48 hours later!

I was about to try another VPS service provider, but finally, I asked tech support to escalate the issue ... the result is now that both of the HostedSimply servers been up for a few weeks. I hope the earlier problems are history and that the more reliable up-time continues.

/Pete./

kenn10

Reaction score
Ward,

I'd like to do a speedtest comparison with my VPS at flipperhost. What routine are you using to test?

Try this:

Code:
# check network speed
wget -O speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py
chmod +x speedtest-cli
./speedtest-cli

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I was scanning the list and thought that one provider was "ClownCloud." Sorry; almost spit out my coffee...

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I was scanning the list and thought that one provider was "ClownCloud." Sorry; almost spit out my coffee...

Would be funny to have one called Basket Cloud ... and then they should call their instances eggs. Then you could say we have all of our eggs in one basket. And that's why you should have your backups on a different provider.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
(Almost clicked the "report" button on that one, dude!)

:biggrinjester:

KNERD

Reaction score
Would be nice to have a column for how long the company has been around

RXWatcher

Reaction score
HostedSimply wanted to charge me $36/year for the gbit port upgrade. I dont think that's worth it..same bandwidth usage but an extra $3/month for a gbit port.

Anyone else experience that?

I keep wondering if the invoice was wrong and it was $3/year and not $3 a month. Support said it was $1.50 but wouldn't say if it was a month or year so it gets kicked to the admins who send me an invoice for $3 a month.

RXWatcher

Reaction score
Well, they didn't want my business apparently..change in virtual nic(but same transfer of 5TBs) isnt worth triple the cost of the VPS itself...that seems silly.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@RXWatcher: I've sent them a note and will keep you posted when we hear back from them. They offered a free gigabit port upgrade in their LowEndBox advertising, and they should honor it.

KNERD

Reaction score
I think HostedSimply needs to be pulled from the list. The endless down times, and other issues I am having is going to have to pull out six months before my one year of service is over.

While, they have quick responsive to support, they tend to point the finger at you.

Me: My server is down
HS: Please check your end, as all looks okay here.
Me: Hello?? How can I check my end when the server is down??

kenn10

Reaction score
I think HostedSimply needs to be pulled from the list. The endless down times, and other issues I am having is going to have to pull out six months before my one year of service is over.

While, they have quick responsive to support, they tend to point the finger at you.

Me: My server is down
HS: Please check your end, as all looks okay here.
Me: Hello?? How can I check my end when the server is down??

I will cautiously say that Hosting73 is still going strong for me. I got a deal on a 2-core, 4-gig memory, 50gb SSD for $25/year in the Atlanta center. I have another small one there as well and both work very well. The only problem I've had is on the smaller one with what they refer to as "abusers" sucking up all the CPU time. Hosting73, when contacted, has routinely booted users when abuse impacts other users.

Now that I've said I'm happy with them, they'll probably go out of business. :rolleyes:

KNERD

Reaction score
Problem is with most of these low end providers is they are all now offering SSD with unusable storage for me. I need at least 100GB. Maybe I should just purchase a server, put it in colocation and sell some VPS to you guys to help pay for the cost

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
This is a forum primarily for VoIP enthusiasts. Most don't need 100GB of disk space to manage even a busy PBX.

hawk#1

Reaction score
I have 2 machines at HostedSimply and both of them are running without any issues, but I do not require systems that have 100 GB SSD storage.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
RIP HostedSimply. I received this last night, I have my Nextcloud server with them, guess I have some work to do before Monday:
Dear Customer,

Over the past few months we have been met with many challenges within the hosting business. Some that have not been overcome.

As result of this we will be closing our doors. We will be shutting down this Monday 12/9/2019. We are taking this time to let our customers know so that they may backup and retrieve all of their data before then.

We deeply apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank You.

Management

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ejrubin
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.