GOOD NEWS HiFormance Alternatives

KNERD

Reaction score
I am noticing these providers are all switching to SSD drives, all while cutting the amount of storage down.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Ward,

I'd like to do a speedtest comparison with my VPS at flipperhost. What routine are you using to test?

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
After the dramatic failures of HiFormance and AlphaRacks, I opted for two accounts with HostedSimply (LA data center). Except for some initial startup issues, i.e., both of the servers would go unresponsive, and no action on my part would restore function. Trouble tickets would result in the servers coming back on line, only to fail again 24 to 48 hours later!

I was about to try another VPS service provider, but finally, I asked tech support to escalate the issue ... the result is now that both of the HostedSimply servers been up for a few weeks. I hope the earlier problems are history and that the more reliable up-time continues.

/Pete./

kenn10

Guru-ish
Reaction score
Ward,

I'd like to do a speedtest comparison with my VPS at flipperhost. What routine are you using to test?
Try this:

Code:
# check network speed
wget -O speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py
chmod +x speedtest-cli
./speedtest-cli

Members online

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenMcClements