DEAL HiFormance 2GB OpenVZ $10/yr.

Discussion in 'Items/Jobs/Services: For Sale or Wanted' started by wardmundy, Nov 2, 2017.

1. wardmundy

wardmundy Nerd Uno

In our endless pursuit of the best cloud deal on the planet for Incredible PBX 13-13, we're trying out a new OpenVZ $13/year offering that was designed especially for Nerd Vittles. It comes in at just over $1/month on a one-year recurring subscription which you can obviously cancel in your PayPal account at any time.

Specifications:
    [​IMG]

While the CentOS 6 base install is advertised as CentOS 6.6, you'll end up with CentOS 6.9 at the completion of the Incredible PBX 13-13 install. We would rate the install speed as very fast.

Current hosting site options include Buffalo, Chicago, and L.A. Just added Atlanta, New York, and Dallas.

Only other setup required is the traditional OpenVZ tweak for NeoRouter:
    Code:
    echo 'OPTIONS="-i venet0:0"' >> /etc/sysconfig/knockd
    service knockd restart
    # remember to enable TUN/TAP in Control Panel

[​IMG]

We haven't finished testing this, but if you're in a hurry and feeling lucky, here's the signup link.

We strongly recommend 64-bit CentOS 6 (rather than 7) if you plan to use Incredible Fax 13.

This platform should also work great for PBX in a Flash 5 with 3CX and Incredible PBX for Wazo although we have not yet tested either of them.

speedtest.py Results:
    Code:
    Testing download speed.....................
    Download: 794.98 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed.......................
    Upload: 284.95 Mbit/s

#1 wardmundy, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  2. wardmundy

wardmundy Nerd Uno

We've been testing HiFormance VPS machines in LA, Chicago, and Buffalo against our WootHosting disasters in New York. To give you some idea of the difference, loading pbxstatus on all three of the HiFormance platforms takes less than a second. On WootHosting, it ranges from 30 seconds to about 3 minutes. I've opened a half dozen tickets with WootHosting, and they "fix" things for about an hour, and then it's back to CloudAtCost performance.

Signup link for $13/year deal. Here were the latest performance numbers from HiFormance in Buffalo...

speedtest.py Results:
    Code:
    Testing download speed.....................
    Download: 369.63 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed.......................
    Upload: 375.83 Mbit/s

Jose Pinto likes this.
  3. krzykat

krzykat Guru

I guess I missed the first time this was mentioned on Nov 2nd. I had bought a Woot, and luckily enough never used it - so just donated them some money but wasn't out the time to install, test, and become dissatisfied.

Ward, Do you feel that this Hiformance servers would make good hot sync backups for a Vultr instance?

Jose Pinto likes this.
  4. wardmundy

wardmundy Nerd Uno

Absolutely. Also would be good HA slave location with Wazo.

hawk#1 and Jose Pinto like this.
  5. tycho

tycho Guru (not...)

I like how this has become a benchmark. :)

hawk#1, wardmundy and Jose Pinto like this.
  6. wardmundy

wardmundy Nerd Uno

#6 wardmundy, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  7. wardmundy

wardmundy Nerd Uno

Incidentally, this is not a one-off problem at WootHosting. You can review our daily tickets this past week here.

8. krzykat

krzykat Guru

Wow - seeing is believing ... Think woothosting is using a ST-4096 (for us old timers) vs the SSD that HiFormance is using.

wardmundy likes this.
  9. wardmundy

wardmundy Nerd Uno

Atlanta, New York, and Dallas hubs now are available as well.

Jose Pinto likes this.
  10. Daniel Fite

Daniel Fite New Member

is 20gb enough for Ipbx 13-3 in a SOHO application??

11. krzykat

krzykat Guru

Absolutely - of course if you're doing 500 minutes of phone calls per day and are recording each conversation, you'll run out of space in a couple months if the recordings are not purged.

Jose Pinto and wardmundy like this.
  12. David Foxworth

Dallas HiFormance VPS:

_12/21/2017 - VMPLAN - DATACENTER - OS - AUTHOR_
    ```
    CPU model: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores: 1
    CPU frequency: 1900.000 MHz
    Total amount of RAM: 2048 MB
    Total amount of swap: 452 MB
    System uptime: 17:14,
    I/O speed: 1.4 GB/s
    Bzip 25MB: 3.67s
    Download 100MB file: 103MB/s
    ```

#12 David Foxworth, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  13. AndyInNYC

AndyInNYC Active Member

Ward (and all other readers),

Is everyone still a fan of HiFormance?

I feel the need to dump woothosting; it's been hosting my email server and has now been down for 23 hours straight (although my other VPS in another location is running) - no response from support to my trouble ticket which implies they are having bigger problems than just me.

I have a 'deal' offer from HiFormance for:

2018 Q1 - OpenVZ #4

4 vCore
    4GB Ram
    50GB Pure SSD
    6TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    2 x IP Address
    OpenVZ -- SolusVM Control Panel
    Linux Only

I can double one of memory/IP/storage. The 2 IP addresses may have already been doubled by default. This would cost $180 for 3 years prepaid ($60/year or $5 month). I would double the storage rather than anything else. My woothosting site is 2GB RAM/2GB swap.

Since woothosting was $18 a year, this is a step up. I just want to hope/believe/be reassured that HiFormance is still everyone's darling and that the performance/uptime hasn't dropped since they started getting some hype on this site (whose members I trust).

EDIT: woothosting has answered my ticket - they think it could be an OS issue and want to reinstall the OS. If this means blank the machine, I'm hosed. If they just want to overlay their boot onto my install, that's OK. Seeking clarification from them. Blanking the machine is the worst possible outcome.

Andrew

14. mainenotarynet

mainenotarynet Not really a Guru - Just a long time user

What woothosting thinks, and $2.00 will get you a small coffee. I chose woothosting due to posts here, never did get the server to work right AND had I READ their TOS on refunds 24 HOURS?! REALLY. I argued with them so much that I did get a refund after three days of their :bullshit: and went to DO, that was not much better as they send notices every day if you don't have enough money with them even though they say they bill on the first of each month - I got fed up with that real quick, dumped them like a hot potato and now with Vultr. No problems so far (I do keep enough $$ on hand with them for one month and a little extra (I may move a couple other things over to Vultr later (I have a Dedicated box and a smaller VPS at another company [hudsonvalleyhosts] that I have had for over seven years now (or is it 8?) )

Highformance pay in advance that long - what if like some they fold what happens then. I play devils advocate real well, and skeptical (plus I don't have $180.00 laying around to throw away on an albeit they MAY be a great service to use, hyped up service that everyone is flocking to like sheep.

And Blanking a machine is exactly what it sounds like - they want to destroy what you have and rebuild it (on Do Woothosting and vultr they call it DESTROY, then Create (DO calls them Droplets)

If this is for just email server, you could probably get a $5.00 from Vultr with the speck you need.

As for the cost comparison of WH and HiFormance $1.50/mo compared to $5.00/Mo PREPAID -- find their per month rate (as that is theONLY way I'd do anything with these types of VPS hosters) is 3 times the cost Plus and the per month rate I assure you will be 4 or 5 times as they have to bill you each month (or they have to pay their billing computer his salary)

15. AndyInNYC

AndyInNYC Active Member

I'm not seeing anything on Vultr with 2 GB of memory + 2 GB of Swap for anything near $5/month. I do need the 2GB due to the AV and Spam filtering software which also runs as part of the server.

16. mainenotarynet

mainenotarynet Not really a Guru - Just a long time user

No the $10.00/mo is 2GB 1 core and 40GB SSD (you can create a swap if you needed it. I went to Hiformance and am seeing the monthly prices and their $10.00/Month plan is 2GB 2Cores and 50GB SSD, So I may move later (have to rebuild my pbx anyways). The $5.00/ month from HiFormance doesn't have those specs either -- I never say yearly or multi-year pricing there but if you've got the cash to throw at them (in essence to test if this will work for you) Go with what you need to do.

Signed Devil's Advocate (73 for Hams de W1KMC)

17. AndyInNYC

AndyInNYC Active Member

Can anyone let me know if the VPS solutions offered by HiFormance offer full backup/restore from cpanel?

Various webpages on their system say I can back up to another ftp site or backup to the /home directory - they seem a little contradictory. I'm trying to make sure that the options available discussed on this thread (either the 512 MB or the one I'm looking at support this.

I'd like to have on a daily/weekly basis a full image that can be restored if something like my current woothosting disaster happens again.

Thanks.

Andrew

18. wardmundy

wardmundy Nerd Uno

19. mardosas

mardosas New Member

Dear Ward, all,

At HiFormance I saw an CentOS 6 (64Bit) Incredible PBX 13-13 (NerdVittles) as an OS for installing to a server. Awesome option. Unfortunately I didn’t succeed to get it running; the container didn’t start. Is there a description how to install this iso and get it running?

20. wardmundy

wardmundy Nerd Uno

It’s not soup yet. Sorry.