SOLVED Help with AvantFax - $50 Bounty

jake372

Reaction score
Hi,

PBX 11-12.1 Centos 6.6 rentpbx
I have exhausted my abilities to get this working. I am offering a $50 bounty for help getting AvantFax up and running.

I had a heck of a time even being able to login, but I created a second user and am now able to login to the AvantFax GUI. I have AvantFax installed (although I fear not correctly), but all the modems are showing "please wait."

I have set up an inbound route with a 'custom destination" of 'fax (Hylafax)'

I have a Flowroute DID I would like inbound faxes to go to. For outbound purposes, the end state is using a Cisco SPA2oo2 connected to our fax machine, but I do not care about that right now...just want to be able to test receiving and sending faxes.

I can pay via Credit Card or Paypal.

Thank you,

Jake

jake372

Reaction score
Trimline2 thanks for pointing me there. The odd thing, and this could be the noob talking, is I cannot find "/etc/rc.local is a link to /etc/rc.d/rc.local" I cannot see those files...any thoughts on that?

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
When you are logged in as root, what happens when you enter :

more /etc/rc.local
more /etc/rc.d/rc.local

I'm not a nano fan and have always used vi as my editor, if you do get a display from the above, edit the files above replacing "more" with your preferred editor.

jake372

Reaction score
Ok, I think I'm getting there. I feel sort of dumb, but I thought I would find those files through the GUI interface.

jake372

Reaction score
If you can imagine, the cork on the champagne bottle just exploded! You have been a tremendous help....thank you Trimline2

Members online

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vicndf