TIPS Help needed - Incredible PBX for Raspberry Pi 3B

mark847

Reaction score
Help Needed. I just installed the latest IncrediblePBX 13.13-7 for the RaspberryPi, with all of the updates. I have not made any manual changes to GVsip1. Google Voice is working, and a couple of extensions as well. I can't get the Vitelity inbound route to work. Vitelity Outbound works, the DID is correct, I called Vitelity on that. I have left CID to "Any". I even created a route from Any DID and Any CID, and still no answer. At one point it was working, but then GVsip1 was not, now GVsip1 is working and now Vitelity inbound is not. The extensions are working.

I don't have a fixed external IP, and my internal IP is 192.168.1.206.
I also don't have a FQDN.

Let me know your fee structure. Thanks

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Any time your ip address changes, you are going to need to change your ip address on Vitelity. Every time. You might start there. PM me if you still need help.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
I don't have a fixed external IP
Are you using an account with DDNS service to update your IP every time it changes. For example freedns.afraid.org or perhaps dyndns.com etc.. There is plenty of help to set up a DDNS on those sites.
You would need a line in /etc/crontab so that your Pi will update the DDNS server every few minutes.
Code:
nano /etc/crontab

Last edited:

mark847

Reaction score
Any time your ip address changes, you are going to need to change your ip address on Vitelity. Every time. You might start there. PM me if you still need help.
It turned out that Vitelity dropped my sip routing for some unknown reason. Inbound is now working, but I IP address has not changed. I used some of the dynamic IP services in the past, but they created so many hack attacks that I stopped. Any suggestions of a reliable, safe, secure service to update my IP address? Thanks

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
I always used dyndns.org when I needed to use a dynamic ip, but with mixed results. Do you have knockd turned on? Incredible 13-13 is pretty rock solid when it comes to security. You are going to get port scanned, its a fact of VoIP life. Secure passwords are real important.

big charlie

Reaction score
It turned out that Vitelity dropped my sip routing for some unknown reason. Inbound is now working, but I IP address has not changed. I used some of the dynamic IP services in the past, but they created so many hack attacks that I stopped. Any suggestions of a reliable, safe, secure service to update my IP address? Thanks

Namecheap has dynamic dns free with their domains. And they seem to always have some TLDs that can be had for under a dollar for the first year

KNERD

Reaction score
Namecheap has dynamic dns free with their domains. And they seem to always have some TLDs that can be had for under a dollar for the first year

That is who I use, and ddclient on the server to update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.