NO JOY Help! hylafax changes sunk PBX - Now ext's don't register-is there a way to fix?

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score

this was an operational build for a friend - rather complex - dozens of extentions and routes, etc.
unfortunately some updates and significant changes were made since the last backup.
And for some reason Hylafax stopped working.

So he decided to run ./incrediblefax again.

Of course that didn't fix the issue.

It did however, mess something up - now, NO extensions can register to the box.
If you login via webmin, it all looks fine, except of course for no extensions. But no station can register to the pbx.

The PBX *DOES* register trunks just fine, and if one calls in, the calls are handled by IVR properly. Just no phones to recieve those calls.

I should add to this that I have attempted running an ./incrediblebackup & restore (onto a new drive), but unfortunately this only replicated the exact issues..

any recommendations? would really appreciate help - this has to be resolved today, and I'm in bed with pneumonia.

Which log files should I be looking in for clues?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.