SOLVED Help Finding CallerID For Default Extentions

trupsalms

Reaction score
Need Default Ext CallerID To Specify a out bound route for each ext, i remember how to get it for the avantfax iax etc, but can't seem to find the for ext 701-715:banghead:

trupsalms

Reaction score
PIAF color = PURPLE
Asterisk Status = ONLINE
Dahdi Status = ONLINE
MySql Status = ONLINE
SSH Status = ONLINE
Apache Status = ONLINE
Iptables Status = ONLINE
Ip6tables Status = ONLINE
Fail2ban Status = ONLINE
IP Connect Status = ONLINE
Free Disk Space = ADEQUATE
Free Memory = ADEQUATE
NTPD Status = ONLINE
Sendmail Status = ONLINE
Samba Status = OFFLINE
Webmin Status = ONLINE
Ethernet 0 Status = ONLINE
Ethernet 1 Status = N/A
Wlan Status = N/A
PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.2
Freepbx Version = 2.9.0.7
Running Asterisk = 1.8.8.0
Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.8.0
Dahdi Source = 2.6.0+2.6.0
Zaptel Source = UNAVAILABLE
Libpri Source = 1.4.12
Addons Source = UNAVAILABLE
pbx.local on 192.168.0.212 - eth0
CentOS release 6.2 (Final) :32 Bit Kernel: 2.6.32-220.2.1.el6.i686

jeffmac

Guru
Reaction score
I just use the extension number, like 705. In fact this is exactly how I route my outbound calls from ext 705.

Jeff

trupsalms

Reaction score
after four headbanging against the wall hour i finally figure it out, from some very old post, using custom context i can control the ext and the route it uses

jeffmac

Guru
Reaction score
I found that using custom contexts only to select an outbound route (and therefore the outbound trunk) based on the extension was like using a baseball bat to swat a fly. You wind up whacking a bunch of stuff you didn't intend to before you actually make contact with the fly.

The option you've finally implemented for Fax works quite well if your needs are not too complex. The key I found is like I mentioned before - be sure the "special case' outbound routes are high enough in the list to selected before the "general case" calls.

The callerid for an extension is the extension number. This is noted in the pop up help for the "Dial Patterns that will use this Route" on the outbound routes panel.

Are you requirements for routing by extension so complex that you can't get them coded in the outbound routes? I'll admit my usage is simple - but doing it with custom contexts was a LOT more complicated AND frustrating! And frustrated is where you appear to be starting from....

Jeff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.