QUESTION Help! Cannot get Piaf-Green to establish connection to eth0

Atlantic

Reaction score
Help! Cannot get Piaf-Green to establish connection to eth0 in virtualbox.

Is there something I'm missing? a line I've forgot in a config file somewhere?
On the status screen I get N/A under eth 1/2 and wlan0
eyols56fj

What should I do?

Thanks, Atlantic

Another link to image:
http://s27.postimg.org/3z3egjg0j/Virtual_Box_PBX_ipphoneserver_06_03_2016_16_14_04.png

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
@Atlantic

I haven't tried running any versions of PBX In A Flash on CentOS 7.x. Last I'd heard, it wasn't quite ready for prime-time. There's a very good chance that has changed.

The primary reason that it doesn't see eth0 as the networking interface would be due to the network interface names have changed in the Linux kernel. For instance, the Linux workstation I'm replying from has an interface name of enp5s0. Use ifconfig likes this:

Code:
ifconfig -a

This will show you all of your network interfaces regardless of whether they are up or down. Verify your interface name and double-check /etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-* looking for your network interface name after ifcfg-. Also, I have seen CentOS leave the Ethernet interface in an inactive state at boot.

Open the file using nano (or your favourite text editor).
Verify ONBOOT=yes.

In my example, I would open ifcfg-enp5s0 and change ONBOOT from no to yes.

Code:
DEVICE=enp5s0
ONBOOT=yes

Some others can chime-in about using CentOS 7.x and PIAF-Green.

Atlantic

Reaction score
@randy7376

I saw something similar to that while just slapping commands into the terminal but forgot shortly after opening the nano editor.
Will try changing to that now.

Thanks, Atlantic

Atlantic

Reaction score
@randy7376

I changed everything like you said,
Virtual_Box_PBX_ipphoneserver_06_03_2016_17_07_36.png

but I still have the N/A under eth0 on the status screen even though I have an active connection in ifconfig.

Virtual_Box_PBX_ipphoneserver_06_03_2016_17_10_18.png

What else is there that I should do?

If all else fails I will install incredible pbx13 on my raspberry pi
But would still like to resolve this for anyone else who is having problems with centOS 7.

Thanks, Atlantic

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
You don't have an indication for eth0 because you don't have an eth0. You have an enp0s3 which, according to your screenshot, is working.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
@Atlantic

As @Dave Gray pointed out, there is no eth0. So, the status screen is not going to show it as being up/active. From what you'd posted earlier, it seemed like you had no working network connection which is what I was trying to help you out with. Considering that PIAF-Green is a much older release, I wouldn't have expected the status screen to be of much help with such a newer CentOS release.

As I mentioned, previously, all the the network names have changed from the long-standing eth0 to another name with the later kernel releases.

Atlantic

Reaction score
@Dave Gray, @randy7376.

Thanks for the help I ended up downloading a pre-installed one because Im still in high-school I have lots of other work to do. I have the other PIAF- Green server up and running I just need to brush up on how to do some stuff. The next step for me is to change the firmware on a cisco 7941 IP Phone I found in the trash at my apartment. I've been having lots of fun with the server and next going to get a sip trunk registered so i can call outside of the house because the phone bills in Qatar here are ridiculous (you could get infinite roaming from Thailand and it would still be cheaper than 6gb per month).

Thanks Atlantic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
_NOBODY_
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.