FOOD FOR THOUGHT Hardware recommendations please

Doug Holcombe

Reaction score
Hello,

Been a long time lurker here with a post here and there. So I am wanting to get some recommendations for new hardware to run this new PBX in a Flash 5 build. I have a small business and want to upgrade and take advantage of the new build that includes 3cx and its many features.

My current setup. I have 4 Yealink T48G phones and a pair of Yealink W56H phones as well. The server that I have is an old supermicro atom d525 board that is on its last leg. We get a bit of calls and make calls but not a whole lot at one time, I would say about two to three calls at a time. Again a small business.
So I was thinking about the following board to start off with. As I have a mini-ITX case and PS already. But if anyone has a better suggestion please let me know. Also I was thinking about toying with the idea of using UNRAID on this and then have the PIAF5 built out as a VM running off the UNRAID server. Any thoughts on that as well?

SUPERMICRO MBD-A1SRi-2758F-O Mini ITX Server Motherboard DDR3 1600/1333
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813182855

Thank you
Doug:rockon:

Doug Holcombe

Reaction score
Ok, so 61 views and no replies. Is that a indication that this wouldn't be a good idea to switch over to piaf5 and 3cx? I am starting to rethink this now!

Doug

Nicky

Reaction score
Erm No - it could also be an indication that no one tested with this board.. obviously.
I think on this board, you can run 64 sim calls not 4 or 8 sim calls which is the amount you need.
Also just putting the board there without any extra information is not enough to see if things can work or not. What about HDD? Ram?
About unRAID I do not know. I would remove any extra layers between the hardware and the OS. But that is my opinion. Try - everything else but the board is free. The board is good. It will run debian like a breeze and piaf5 on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.