NO JOY gxw4108 answer issues

Donb123

Reaction score
Under FXO there is a setting
Number of Rings Before Pickup: ch1-8:9;

Whatever I put there seems to be ignored as immediately after the first ring the call is passed to Asterisk. Asterisk log shows it being answered and since it was so quick callerID is not received.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Subscription for Caller ID on all CO lines? Verify at the demarc Caller ID is being presented.
# of rings before pickup :ch1-8:4 (4=default and works for me)
check Caller ID scheme under FXO lines page Bellcore (if in the USA)
save and reboot the gateway after any changes

Donb123

Reaction score
Thanks but that's not the point. Sure I'd like CallerID which is why I would want a delay but for that to happen the GXW4108 would have to honor what I put in there. I put up to the max, 50, and it still hands off to * in one ring.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Caller ID Transport Type = (1 is default)
1 -Relay via SIP From
2 -Disabled
3 -Send Anonymous
4 -Relay via P-Asserted-Identity

Donb123

Reaction score
My particular question is only tangentially related to CallerID. As I mentioned in the original post the gateway is not honoring whatever I put in number of rings before pickup. Forget about callerid for the moment. That's the easy part. Is there some setting that I am not understanding that would force the device to hand off to * and bypass the number of rings before pickup setting because it is most definitely not doing anything?

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
If the gateway sees CID it will send the call right away.

Number of Rings Before Pickup
Default is 4. This is the number of rings the gateway will wait to send the call to the VOIP side in case the Caller ID has yet to be detected. If there's CID information the call will be sent right away. If your lines don't have the CID service set this to 1.
check the gateway status page
FXO Line Connected
This field will give the status of each physical FXO Line connected to the Gateway. It will update the status regularly.Yes - Connected and IdleBusy - Connected and Busy
No - Not connected
Additionally it will also provide real time Caller ID information of Incoming as well as Outgoing calls.

If you see CID on the status page then check CID transport & CID scheme

Caller ID Transport type
Default is “relay via From header”. You may also select :
“relay via P_Asserted_Identity header”
“Disable” : Caller ID feature will be disabled.
“Send anonymous” :
All calls forwarded to VOIP end will be sent as anonymous.
Caller ID Scheme
The GXW410x supports 5 different types of schemes:
  1. Bellcore (US standard)
  2. ETSI-FSK during ringing
  3. ETSI-FSK prior to ringing with DTAS
  4. ETSI-FSK prior to ringing with LR
  5. ETSI-FSK prior to ringing with PR
  6. ETSI-DTMF during ringing
  7. ETSI-DTMF prior to ringing with DTAS
  8. ETSI-DTMF prior to ringing with PR
  9. ETSI-DTMF prior to ringing with PR
  10. SIN 227 - BT
  11. NTT(Japanesestandard)
Please check with your PSTN service provider (or traditional PBX specs) for which caller ID scheme they/it support. If you are not sure about which to use please refer to Table 9 (FXO Lines Test Tab Definition). This tool will run an automated test to determine the proper Caller ID Scheme so the gateway can properly detect the Caller ID.
Similarly to the cases explained above we can specify a caller ID scheme for each channel independently.
Or contact GrandStream Support

Donb123

Reaction score
I did submit a ticket with Grandstream. It's been sitting there untouched for two days.. sigh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.