QUESTION GXP2160 Parking Assignment

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Anyone else having issue with parking - where it parks your call just fine, but it doesn't announce to you where it parked the call. It just transfers it immediately and hangs up on you. Not an issue if you have just one call on park, but for multiples, it becomes a guessing game.

An announcement will suffice, but the ultimate would be: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/yealink-t46g-phone.13008/page-4#post-84483

BSWOU5xCMAAE2X3.jpg

I know that Grandstream has worked on some of their XML, but not sure if it could handle this yet.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
On my asterisk 13 lab system, the slot is announced when parking the call
With the latest GS firmware create MP keys as Monitored Call Park.
while on a call press the mpk for the slot, call is parked with 1 button press!

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I've had this problem before a long time ago, but I've forgotten how I fixed it :-(

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I've had this problem before a long time ago, but I've forgotten how I fixed it :-(

If you think about it, please let me know. I'm researching it today.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I recall it was caused by the transfer being blind on the phone; something like I had programmed the button to do transfer to the parking lot (70 IIRC) and it did blind transfer so I changed the programming to do an attended transfer then asterisk just hung up the extension itself when the slot was read out. Something like that anyway. This was on a Yealink.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I recall it was caused by the transfer being blind on the phone; something like I had programmed the button to do transfer to the parking lot (70 IIRC) and it did blind transfer so I changed the programming to do an attended transfer then asterisk just hung up the extension itself when the slot was read out. Something like that anyway. This was on a Yealink.

Yes, I think you are right. It has to do with the way they park a call (and YES - both Yealink and Grandstream). I see no place in FreePBX to force the transfer to 70 (call park) to be attended transfer. If not, then I think there would either need to be a custom programmed piece of code in like extensions_custom that does the attended transfer and then just change from using park on the phone, to speed dial ?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
No I'm sure I did it on the phone end. Instead of using a transfer button I think I used speed dial and that worked.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
No I'm sure I did it on the phone end. Instead of using a transfer button I think I used speed dial and that worked.

Yes, speed-dial *270 for example. I wonder why both GS and Yealink do unattended transfer instead of attended transfer on their park buttons.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure; probably worth an email to them to ask them to change it. Maybe legacy systems did it that way and they're trying to match?

Members online

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muneer
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.