ALERT GVSIP Is Dead, was: GVSIP Registration Issues. Asterisk 13.23.0 Seems To Fix The Problem.

kdthomas

Reaction score
Yup.. I wonder what pbxes.com is doing different. Anyone with connections with them? Also following the DSL thread.

lthown

Reaction score
There was an update posted

"Use voice.telephony.goog instead of obihai.telephony.goog for the sip connection and things seem to work."​

Dunno how to make use of that though

edit: Ward got it!

edit2:
Code:
asterisk -rx "pjsip show registrations"
 <Registration/ServerURI..............................>  <Auth..........>  <Status.......>
==========================================================================================
 gvsip1/sip:obihai.sip.google.com                        gvsip1            Registered
 gvsip2/sip:obihai.sip.google.com                        gvsip2            Registered

ariban

Reaction score
Here's the fix:
Code:
sed -i 's|obihai.telephony.goog|voice.telephony.goog|' /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf
amportal restart
sed -i 's|obihai.telephony.goog|voice.telephony.goog|' /root/gvsip-naf/install-gvsip
is this the same as update 730? or should i do this even after update 730?

weenus500

Reaction score
Here's the fix:
Code:
sed -i 's|obihai.telephony.goog|voice.telephony.goog|' /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf
amportal restart
sed -i 's|obihai.telephony.goog|voice.telephony.goog|' /root/gvsip-naf/install-gvsip
Yep. That's the ticket. Thank you Mr. Ward Mundy.
I am less daring than so my way of fixing it was to edit those two files with vim like so:
:%s/obihai.telephony.goog/voice.telephony.goog/gc
I wanted to show some honest appreciation so I just made a payment to your paypal account. Please keep up the good work.

Last edited:

sortons

Reaction score
It's all back up and running after applying the fix in post #64. Thank you!

weenus500

Reaction score
After a number of weeks of problem free service today I woke up to this unhappy reality: "gvsip1/sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com gvsip1 Rejected" :( on my two raspi servers. I hope that following the procedure for the upgrade to 13.23.1 will get the google voice trunk working again.[/QUO
I'm just wondering if some small tweak could be done to the way pjsip registers with google instead of this massive reinstall operation to fix the problem.

I had problem with step 7. It didn't run at all so being a smart chimp I looked for where it might be on the box and I found these two.
patch -pl < /root/gvsip-naf/gvsip-naf.patch
patch -pl < /usr/src/gvsip-naf.patch

They both came back with this message.

patch: **** strip count l is not a number
I skipped this step 7. and end result is that gvsip wouldn't work.
Maybe some kind soul could help me out with this.
on incrediblepbx asterisk 13.22
unfortunately, I ran the above procedure on my secondary box and it messed it up totally. Now asterisk -rx "pjsip show registration" returns "object not found". Is there anyway to fix this without reinstalling from scratch?

ericlee1

Reaction score
besides that issue, lately I've been noticing that I don't get a ring while dialing out. just a silence and then it connects, anyone else experience this.. is there a fix for that?

ajonate

Reaction score
besides that issue, lately I've been noticing that I don't get a ring while dialing out. just a silence and then it connects, anyone else experience this.. is there a fix for that?

What you describe doesn't sound like an asterisk or freepbx issue. It sounds more like an issue with your sip phone, ata device, or softphone. There's usually a setting something like 'generate ringing on outgoing calls."

Reaction score
I had problem with step 7. It didn't run at all so being a smart chimp I looked for where it might be on the box and I found these two.
patch -pl < /root/gvsip-naf/gvsip-naf.patch
patch -pl < /usr/src/gvsip-naf.patch

They both came back with this message.

patch: **** strip count l is not a number
I skipped this step 7. and end result is that gvsip wouldn't work.
Maybe some kind soul could help me out with this.
Weenus500,

Please make sure the command is spelled “patch -p1....” not “-pl” I used the patch in /usr/src

-Vladimir

Reaction score
Ericlee1,

Unfortunately it is an old and known issue. It happens on certain called numbers, not all. Naf is still working on it.

-Vladimir

Reaction score
Ok, update!!

I upgraded, i now have 13.23.1 asterisk version
it worked for about a day, and then it disconnected, i ran ./show-trunks and it shows all gvsip as registered (i ran your script too just in case but it came back saying its all registered and nothing to do)
only solution again was to type amportal restart
Ariban,

As I hear you the problem was not fixed by 13.23.1. If that is correct then you have some other issue.

Do you see anything of inetrest in the Asterisk console at the time you experience the issue? How does it compare to what you see after the restart while everything is still working fine?

-Vladimir

shetu

Reaction score
Today my gv account not register (Aterisk 13.23.1, Scientific linux )

[2018-10-13 08:08:24] WARNING[26667]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:987 schedule_retry: No response received from 'sip:eek:bihai.sip.google.com' on registration attempt to 'sip:[email protected]', retrying in '60'

Last edited:

roarsys

Reaction score
Weenus500,

Please make sure the command is spelled “patch -p1....” not “-pl” I used the patch in /usr/src

-Vladimir
Running on raspi 3b+

I am having the same issue, I did patch it properly using /usr/src file as well as the one included in the gvsip-naf directory. Actually updating Asterisk broke a few things, I think I fixed most of it.

=========================================================================
Connected to Asterisk 13.23.1 currently running on incrediblepbx (pid = 27688)
incrediblepbx*CLI> pjsip show registrations
No objects found.

I just realized it quoted the reply not the issue. Sorry coffee consumption had not begun yet at this time.

Last edited:

ajonate

Reaction score

At the risk of stating the obvious, Linux command line recipes are precise enough that followers really need to copy and paste commands, not try to retype them.

Reaction score
At the risk of stating the obvious, Linux command line recipes are precise enough that followers really need to copy and paste commands, not try to retype them.
Ajonate,

You are 100% correct. I was just replying to the specific post #73.

-Vladimir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.