GOOD NEWS GVsip: GVoice-to-SIP Gateway

isaacl

Reaction score
Will either of these services allow me to get incoming faxes over my GV number, using Incredible Fax?

arztde

Reaction score
Google at one time did block all IPkall numbers. That is not still the case. I think the reason is that connection rates to IPkall numbers are now quite reasonable and governed by new federal regs that put an end to the gouging. For example, we maintain a Tide Table service for our Pawleys Island Web Cam site. The number 843-284-6979 is an IPkall number, and we can connect to it from any of our Google Voice trunks.
My idea is just the following:
Setup at digital ocean a webserver on debian: And somehow to integrade this internationalisation plugin what works fine with wordpress - http://transposh.org/

So visitors can see the admin area and can do for demonstration some changes but important they are allowed to translate and to test how it works..
This plugin is wonderful to get with the time human based translations. So via this demo - so is my idea the people are allowed to test. for testing the first step was to use google voice .... to have the possibility not to pay for the calls Its just so that i am missing a long time something like a testserver to motivate others to join.
If ipkall does not work, any other suggestions how to follow yours examples inside yours blog? Maybee you like the plugin for yours blog to reach the non english speaking and non techies from other countries. In general they do the same they use a translation like bing or lige google. If the do a correction of just one word its an advance in front of such robots

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
95% of our users speak English and use NANPA. With limited staff, there's only so much we can do, and language translation is just outside the scope of what's possible for us. I've pointed you to Gemeinschaft which is primarily focused on the German market. And there's Incredible PBX for Elastix 2.5. Elastix is primarily a commercial operation, and they support nearly a dozen languages. Those are probably your best bets. We really, really, really are not going to get in the multi-lingual business unless someone comes along that's a great (free) programmer and speaks about a dozen languages. Sorry.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
In light of the 400% price increase, we're withdrawing our support for GVsip and removing the Nerd Vittles article and install script.

Bill Simon's similar gateway remains an economical and feature-rich SIP gateway to Google Voice which we will continue to recommend.

voip_user

Reaction score
well I got in for 5 bucks, not a bad deal for a number that will be mostly used for development.

Michael Arnold

Reaction score
voip_user look again... WOW 19.99 I don't think SO!

I guess the people who jumped fast got into it cheaply and its only was one time.

Reactions: wardmundy

chris_c_

Reaction score
Isn't it possible to bring this OAuth 2.0 code inside of pbxinaflash incredible gui? Provide that google account login to the pbx admin so as to obtain the oauth2.0 token required to authenticate to gvoice in a secure way without storing the actual password key. Then, auth with google using the token. And talk, as usual, directly in jabber/xmpp to gvoice.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Isn't it possible to bring this OAuth 2.0 code inside of pbxinaflash incredible gui? Provide that google account login to the pbx admin so as to obtain the oauth2.0 token required to authenticate to gvoice in a secure way without storing the actual password key. Then, auth with google using the token. And talk, as usual, directly in jabber/xmpp to gvoice.
Workin' on it. Stay tuned.

Reactions: chris_c_

arztde

Reaction score
Hi after long time i come back and get a shocck. I finaly do have from today a Google voice number and was thinking now i start from scratch to understand @wardmundy things a bit better. The GVSIP i bought is no more available? puhh

does it no more work or what happens realy. @wardmundy see how long i try to setup yours pbx and after all this rumors in the past i realy did not follow all the topics
I was hoping for support finaly to gemeinschaft 3
in all of honor yours suggestions should work a longer time and additional not only based for the USA.

Members online

No members online now.

PIAF 5 - Powered by 3CX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goseph