BUG gvsip disconnecting every few hours

Discussion in 'Help' started by ariban, Sep 30, 2018.

1. ariban

ariban Member

Hi
    I installed a fresh piaf13-13 and connected my googlevoice with oauth, it works perfectly. however every few hours, it starts connecting, so if you call in, you will get the google voice subscriber voicemail, and if you try calling out, it just returns a busy signal.
    if i put fwconsole restart (or amportal restart), it starts working again. this is on a brand new server and brand new install. I erased the whole things and ran a brand new install again, but again the same issue.
    can anyone help or guide me how to find out what is going on and how to fix this?

thank you

2. Shawn Hu

Shawn Hu New Member

same issue here thinking about to implement a workaround by issuing "amportal restart" command automatically if google voice trunk is disconnected.

3. ariban

ariban Member

i tried that, but its terrible, usually because someone is on the phone or somehow it shows asterisk is running and cant shut down. and this causes a ton of issues.
    for now i signed up to vitelity (saw the discounted deal on nerdvittle) $3.99 a month for unlimited incoming and i pay 1.4 cents outgoing thats not bad till gv is fixed.
    seeing how Ward is on top of his game, I am sure once they figure out a solution they will come up with on.
    it is good to have vitelity too, its cheap and a good backup or second line in case gv goes down

4. kdthomas

kdthomas Member

Reboot nor amportal restart restores the trunks for me today.

5. ariban

ariban Member

there is a new update 730, login to the console and press enter to run the update. it fixed it for me.