GO HERE GV workaround if they discontinue free calling?

trizc

Reaction score
I am new to pbxinaflash and Asterisk and do not really understand all the details of how the work as of yet...

I was wondering if there was a solution if lets say Google stopped allowing phone calls from GTalk (which seems the way that many applications such as Obihai and pbxes rely on for making free phone calls).

We all know that there exists free incoming phone numbers that we can use with SIP. And basically we can call for free by using Google Voice to call us first and then connect the call.

I wonder if there's a solution that connects to google voice to initiate the call and then call back?
I assume something can be developed that takes a number dialed from a phone, user hangs up and then they get a phone call back from GV that connects them to the number they dialed?

In short, how did people make free phone calls before Google integrated Google Voice into Gtalk, assuming someone didn't want to initiate each call from the web interface of GV?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.