GV to obi200 to 3cx?

dizzydean

Reaction score
I had been using Incrediblepbx in a cloud installation to get google voice numbers into our main 3cx phone system via a trunk. The GV lines that had been registered on the IncrediblePBX were moved to a obi200 and are working fine. We are missing being able to use the GV numbers from our 3cx extensions and the 3cx soft phones.

I am searching for a way to get a trunk setup from obi200 to the 3cx so we can make and receive GV calls as before on the 3CX installation. I tried to set up a trunk in 3cx after reading Creating an Obi200 GV Trunk to use with Asterisk but I could not make it work. I searched around for a specific how-to to for connecting obi200 to 3cx but no joy.

Is there some documentation out there I may have missed for this type of integration? Thank you.

dizzydean

Reaction score
First of all I am not an expert by any means and when necessary will tinker until something works and as often is the case there is a better way but this is what worked for me. This post is mainly to answer my own question and document how I was able to get my GV number connected to 3cx with a Obi200 and getting those calls working again on the 3cx phone extentions.

My setup uses a 3cx server and Obi200. They are on same lan behind firewall with appropriate firewall ports open for 3cx
On Obi200 side the GV number was provisioned to SP1 - easy to set up (a GV number could be set on any unused profile)
The Trunk on Obi200 to connect to 3cx was assigned to SP4 and profile D (could be another unused profile)
To make setting on Obi200 for the trunk I needed to get into expert mode in GUI.

The only settings where I made changes:

Service Providers:

ITSP Profile D General

X_ICEEnable (checked)

ITSP Profile D SIP

ProxyServer - my local IP address of 3CX

ProxyPort - 5060 in my case

X_spoofCallerID - (checked)

Voice Services:

SP4 Service

X_ServProvProfile - D (same as ITSP profile used above)

X_InboundCallRoute - SP1 (SPx location where GV number is provisioned)

X_RegisterEnable - (uncheck)

AuthUserName - obi200 (same as the trunk name and authID in 3cx)

X_EnforceRequestUserID - (unchecked)

Voice Services:

SP1 Service

X_InboundCallRoute - {SP4(my10digitGVnumber)}

That concludes the setting changes made in the Obi200

now on the 3cx side (I am using Standard Perpetual 15.5.15502.6)

Added a sip trunk with these selections:

Select Country-Generic

Select Provider-Generic Sip Trunk

General Tab:

Trunk details:

Name - obi200

Registrar - (my local IP address of Obi200) Port - 5063
(use the port number found in the Voice Services SPx profile used for the OBi200 trunk found at X_UserAgentPort)

Outbound Proxy -

Number of SIM calls - 3 (?just a guess)

Authentication:

Type - Do not require IP based

Authentication ID - obi200 (needs to match AuthUserName in Obi setting)

Password -

Route Calls to:

Main Trunk No - (my 10 digit GV number)

Destination- (my extension)

DID tab:

DID/DDI Number - (my 10 digit GV number)

Caller ID tab: - made no changes

Options Tab: - used default selections (however could add opus codec?)

Inbound Tab: - made no changes - used default selections

Outbound Tab: - made no changes - used default selection

When the outbound route uses this trunk the call get routed to the Obi and out the GV line. The caller ID at receiving end shows the GV number.

When calls come in on the GV number assigned to SP1 on the Obi200 they get routed to the extension I assigned to the trunk in 3cx. The calls are showing proper caller ID.

I leaned heavily on this link for the OBi200 settings and the link in my question.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.