ALERT GV: The Sky Has Fallen... Really

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I had an installation of Issabel 4.0 with IncrediblePBX. Is it possible. Is there anyway I can implement GVSIP without installing a new OS? I actually started loving Issabel UI.
Can I use this method:
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=26315
Thank you Ward.

-Mony

Issabel is built from packages, not from source. Unless you can persuade the Issabel folks to add the GVSIP-NAF components to their packaged version of Asterisk, your only other option is to bring up a source-based Asterisk server, load GVSIP-NAF onto it, and then link to the GVSIP-NAF host with a SIP trunk from Issabel. See this thread for tips.

Jake

Reaction score
I was able to successfully install the NAF update package on top of my existing RPi PIAF to get my GV trunks working again. Worked like a champ! Thanks!!!

shetu

Reaction score
I add 2 gv trunk. I shall download this to new vm and try to add 3 gv trunk
Thanks for your effort.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
@wardmundy --

I'm just getting on the gvsip train, want to make sure I am clear on the setup/needs.

Before I try and apply to some of the more odd installs, does this summarize what the installer does:

Platform Support:
  1. Updates OpenSSL
  2. Builds/Updates Asterisk after applying naf patches.
  3. Makes global-ish changes for gvsip to pjsip_custom.conf
  4. Adds a custom context to extensions_custom.conf (apparently orphaned - not used any longer?)
  5. Remaps a few feature codes to open up *4x range (nit-pick: not sure this is appropriate for "upgrades," breaks existing defaults and/or could clobber user customizations)

Trunk Install:
  1. Adds appropriate info to pjsip_custom.conf for each GV number/account
  2. Inserts custom trunk into FreePBX tables

Notable items:
  1. Breaking from PIAF/IPBX tradition, the installer ties to specific Asterisk version 13.22 (at least for now? - until the dust settles on the naf patches?)
  2. Similarly, depending on platform, specific OpenSSL source or .deb packages are used.
  3. The only config changes that matter are to pjsip_custom.conf.
  4. The extensions_custom.conf changes are not needed (looks like you removed them from the Pi image).

Anything missing from the above?

Overall it's a nice clean implementation. --

Requests:
  1. Please at least put in comments where the tarballs/.deb packages are coming from. Not that hard to figure out and check validity, but I'm always leery of things like that.
  2. It would be nice for the GV number to be part of the trunk name. Looks like changes would be minimal to support something like gvsip#-XXXXXXXXX. Not a big deal, I doubt most folks will have enough numbers to matter, but still would be nice.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@jerrm: Looks about right to me. Thanks for the concise documentation.

1. I'll have to dig out where the packages came from when the dust settles a bit.

UPDATE: Debian packages all came from Raspberry Pi OpenSSL archive. OpenSSL source tarball is from OpenSSL repo.

2. Good idea. Will work on this one going forward. In the meantime, del-trunk will display the answers. Just hit ENTER to exit without deleting anything.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here's a simple show-trunks script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo "The following GVSIP accounts currently are registered:"
grep username /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf | sed 's/./*/13' | sed 's/./*/14' | sed 's/./*/15' | sed 's/./*/16' | sed 's/./*/17' | sed 's/./*/18' | tr [gvsip] [GVSIP] | cut -c10- | sed 's|GV|GVSIP|'
asterisk -rx "pjsip show registrations" | sed -r '1,3d' | head -n -2 | sed 's| gv|gv|' | sed 's|                    | |'

Last edited:

shetu

Reaction score
Here's a simple show-trunks script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo "The following GVSIP accounts currently are registered:"
grep username /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf | sed 's/./*/13' | sed 's/./*/14' | sed 's/./*/15' | sed 's/./*/16' | sed 's/./*/17' | sed 's/./*/18' | tr [gvsip] [GVSIP] | cut -c10- | sed 's|GV|GVSIP|'
asterisk -rx "pjsip show registrations" | sed -r '1,3d' | head -n -2 | sed 's| gv|gv|' | sed 's|                    | |'
Hello Sir
I installed Incredible PBX 13-13.21.1 for Scientific Linux (Ast 13.21.1) few days ago. During install time I add 2 gv account. Now is it possible to add another gv account or I have to build new server with new script?

steven r

Reaction score
Hey Ward!

First time poster here but user for the past 3-4 years, gaining some knowledge. Appreciate all the hard work. I'm currently creating a new server after coming from 2.11. After many attempts it has landed myself here. Here is my situation in need of Full Enchilada and I don't use the Google Voice right now:

1) Like Eliad from post #93, after I run the installer, even the new beta, I can not get it to allow me to upgrade to Full Enchilada. on Centos 6.10 It continues to complain "Enchilada requires Incredible PBX 13-13.3 with GV OAuth. However, at the beginning of the install it never allows myself to choose the option plain text or OAuth. Am I too missing a step?

I install with Beta link as follows:

cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx-13-13-NAF.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblepbx-13-13-NAF.tar.gz
rm -f incrediblepbx-13-13-NAF.tar.gz
./Incredible*

Then after reboot it DOESN'T ask to implement plain text or Oauth when getting ready to run "./IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh". Install just allows myself to continue.

Next upon performing the full Enchilada Upgrade is when I get the fail.

2) Today I notice, post #58 has been updated to:

GVSIP-NAF-GUI (beta)

UPDATE: Please follow the official Nerd Vittles tutorial now rather than relying on this beta version.

So should I be now running the original Lean install ?

cd /root
yum -y update
yum -y install net-tools nano wget tar
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx-13-13-LEAN.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblepbx-13-13-LEAN.tar.gz
rm -f incrediblepbx-13-13-LEAN.tar.gz
./create-swapfile-DO
./IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh

Sorry for the long write up, just trying to be as descriptive as possible. Possibly is there something that can be done to finish to Full Enchilada rather than a full reinstall?

Thanks!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Hello Sir
I installed Incredible PBX 13-13.21.1 for Scientific Linux (Ast 13.21.1) few days ago. During install time I add 2 gv account. Now is it possible to add another gv account or I have to build new server with new script?

Depends on what "a few days ago" means. What is the file date on install-gvsip?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Hey Ward!

First time poster here but user for the past 3-4 years, gaining some knowledge. Appreciate all the hard work. I'm currently creating a new server after coming from 2.11. After many attempts it has landed myself here. Here is my situation in need of Full Enchilada and I don't use the Google Voice right now:

1) Like Eliad from post #93, after I run the installer, even the new beta, I can not get it to allow me to upgrade to Full Enchilada. on Centos 6.10 It continues to complain "Enchilada requires Incredible PBX 13-13.3 with GV OAuth. However, at the beginning of the install it never allows myself to choose the option plain text or OAuth. Am I too missing a step?

I install with Beta link as follows:

cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx-13-13-NAF.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblepbx-13-13-NAF.tar.gz
rm -f incrediblepbx-13-13-NAF.tar.gz
./Incredible*

Then after reboot it DOESN'T ask to implement plain text or Oauth when getting ready to run "./IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh". Install just allows myself to continue.

Next upon performing the full Enchilada Upgrade is when I get the fail.

2) Today I notice, post #58 has been updated to:

GVSIP-NAF-GUI (beta)

UPDATE: Please follow the official Nerd Vittles tutorial now rather than relying on this beta version.

So should I be now running the original Lean install ?

cd /root
yum -y update
yum -y install net-tools nano wget tar
./create-swapfile-DO
./IncrediblePBX-13-13.sh

Sorry for the long write up, just trying to be as descriptive as possible. Possibly is there something that can be done to finish to Full Enchilada rather than a full reinstall?

Thanks!

Just do the following:
Code:
cd /root
./Enchilada*

RSDunn

Reaction score
I used the new image with gvsip baked in and still have no out going CallerID showing on the called ends when dialing out through the GVSIP trunk?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I used the new image with gvsip baked in and still have no out going CallerID showing on the called ends when dialing out through the GVSIP trunk?

Seems to be dependent on your particular GV phone number. Some pass the CallerID number and others don't. You get what you pay for. :patriot:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Install-gvsip.sh files date July 8

Believe it or not, that's very old code. You'd be well served by deleting your /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf file, reloading the latest installer, and running it anew. Be sure to save your refresh_tokens and phone numbers before you begin.

shetu

Reaction score
Believe it or not, that's very old code. You'd be well served by deleting your /etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf file, reloading the latest installer, and running it anew. Be sure to save your refresh_tokens and phone numbers before you begin.
Thanks. Do i need delete obihai Devices too at google voice setting page?

RSDunn

Reaction score
Seems to be dependent on your particular GV phone number. Some pass the CallerID number and others don't. You get what you pay for. :patriot:

I have a GV number for many years... Its always been stable and provided callerID... even with the Simonics GW that I used previous to GVSIP... Jabber callerID always worked...

.. I have gvsip installer file dated "Jul 20 14:57 install-gvsip"

I downloaded the tar file installer and re-ran the entire setup. Both inbound and outbound gvsip work but no outbound callerID... I even changed the oauth clientid setup to see if that had anything to do with it .. would be nice to get this part working....

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.