QUESTION GV Number forwards to SIP.OBIHAI but I dont have one

HT Greedy

Reaction score
`I have installed Incredible PBX on a HIformance VPS, created an OAUTH key for my GV number and run the scripts as prescribed. Why does my GV account list my number being forwarded to an Obihai device when I dont have one? I havent found any reference to this in any threads. I cannot get the trunk to register and all calls go to google call screening

Please help..

I miss Simonics

Eliad

Reaction score
GV pointing to Obihai device is the work around to make the GV work. Apparently new GV implementation while claiming it follows the VOIP standards it wont connect to anything else but Obihai. It is listed as Obihai but in fact is your PBX connection.
The install for GV is a bit more complicated than the Simonics. Any small typo, deviation or missing step will prevent your PBX from connecting to the GV. You have to follow the instructions exactly. When you get the OAuth use the credentials listed in the instructions, do not use your own (somebody else did and did not work at all). Disconnect your GV from the Obihai and redo all the install.

HT Greedy

Reaction score
GV pointing to Obihai device is the work around to make the GV work. Apparently new GV implementation while claiming it follows the VOIP standards it wont connect to anything else but Obihai. It is listed as Obihai but in fact is your PBX connection.
The install for GV is a bit more complicated than the Simonics. Any small typo, deviation or missing step will prevent your PBX from connecting to the GV. You have to follow the instructions exactly. When you get the OAuth use the credentials listed in the instructions, do not use your own (somebody else did and did not work at all). Disconnect your GV from the Obihai and redo all the install.

After researching a bit, I learned that my question was beyond NOOB. I have since gotten a trunk to work on Raspberry Pi. However, I cannot seem to connect a HiFormance cloud trunk to the RasPi. The trunk shows as registered to GVSIP but it doesn't the other PBX.I have followed all of the instructions, added and deleted call routes etc but no luck

Eliad

Reaction score
i do not have this setup and I can not tell you much. i am not a professional in this matter. it could be your firewall blocking the connection, it could be a very minor typo when you set up the trunks (i did that). beyond these I do not have any more suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.