QUESTION GUI For Controlling Remote Asterisk?

Gabriel Conway

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for a GUI that would be able to control a remote asterisk server. The GUI would be hosted on its own webserver and as the user interacts with the website backend commands are sent to a remote asterisk instance. The purpose is to have a layer of protection for the asterisk server, it can sit safely behind a firewall while the websever is exposed.

If such a thing exists let me know! If anyone knows of a GUI that could be easily modified to fit this use also let me know. I know gemeinschaft could possibly work, any ideas on how to apply it to this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Is this going to be for wide public access or specific people, if its for specific people .htaccess files tend to work well for this. If the system is not going to be publicly accessible or require routing, you could use pound as a reverse proxy for this.

Other options to consider would be perimeter IDS/IPS (intrusion detection and intrusion prevention), a good opensource package to look at is called SNORT, if you want to use a firewall like pfSense (also open source and has a sip proxy package) snort is an easily install/configurable package for that.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Another thought would be to use RDP or VNC to remote into another box on the same network as the asterisk server and run the server GUI from there. That way neither's web server is directly exposed to the internet.

Gabriel Conway

Reaction score
What i want preferably is one gui that could control multiple asterisks instances if possible, thus having a dedicated webserver and the asterisk separate.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
New FreePBX module "M3" is being released for this application, the wiki shows how to install it but the links are not working ??? I think it was just released today as beta.

Gary.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Missed the part there Distro Only

We are back in sunny Miami for Asterisk World and ITEXPO where Schmooze and FreePBX are Platinum Sponsors- We are sharing a lot of great new information about the continued development of FreePBX 13, and providing demonstrations of our new M3 Multi Machine Management Platform for managing multiple instances of FreePBX.
M3 (Multi Machine Management)
M3 will provide you with a professional management tool for managing groups and multiple installs of FreePBX or other compatible servers. Going beyond basic monitoring, M3 will provide organizations insight and management tools to deploy changes and updates before problems affect critical business processes. Learn more about this new Schmooze Cloud SaaS product here. (PDF) To get started with a BETA version of M3 follow our installation instructions in our WIKI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.