AWAITING FEEDBACK grandstream 1628 message light - no messages

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know why I have a blinking message light on this phone with no voicemails waiting? The only thing that is different is that it is on a follow me list. If it is the follow me, is there a way to make the light "messages only"?

Reaction score
sometimes a blinking message light means that Do Not Disturb is on otherwise the phone and the Hints are out of sync. Leave a message, wait then delete and see if it goes off. Could be something particular to that phone. Id suggest whenever you are looking for help you mention what device you are using.

Reaction score
What is the result of leaving a new message and then dialing in to delete it? Does it go off

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
That's the problem. It never goes off.

Reaction score
As suggested check firmware.... Can you do a factory reset of the phone. Need to get that light off.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
As suggested check firmware.... Can you do a factory reset of the phone. Need to get that light off.

That's why I love using the EPM, when I get something screwy like that, I just reset to factory, flash whichever firmware, then set my config server path - and I'm back up.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.