GOOD NEWS Gotcha-Free PBX Ubuntu Edition Released!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We're getting close with Ubuntu release. Carve out some time this coming weekend and help us out. Raspberry Pi 2 will follow shortly thereafter.

B9A6B0DIMAAJXwY.jpg:large

B9A6bsOIMAAOwx8.jpg:large

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
I see a 32 bit kernel in the second screenshot.

Just so I can prepare my cloud at cost vms, ubuntu 14.04 is the recommended install flavour?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Got a virgin 14.04 instance on DO ready to go, but it's 64-bit. Need I re-roll a 32?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
tycho: Looks like we're good to go with 64-bit Ubuntu...

B9Erzv3CUAEybLx.jpg:large

B9EuHCGIMAA_OWz.jpg:large

Still haven't found the bug in the 32-bit CentOS release. I'm sure there's a 64-bit package that's crept in somewhere, and it sends Asterisk to the ozone. :aureola:

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
That was simple. About 36 minutes from "create droplet" for me, perhaps because I had to look for a few things after the droplet was created and before I started the I-PBX install. Off to tinker...

Capture.JPG

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
Installed it on a 32 bit server on my standalone atom box. When I tried to set the Apache password, got htpasswd not installed. Was fine after I installed the utilities. Still testing but seems good so far.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I, too, got the Apache password error:

root@I-PBX:~# htpasswd -b /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd admin <mynewpassword>

"The program 'htpasswd' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
apt-get install apache2-utils"

Until you do the above, you have to use "password" to authenticate for all trunk work, etc.

And, one more gremlin: Yate. Can't get Yate to register. Plugged in the Public IP of the server (can get to it no prob via browser; cut-and-pasted IP into Yate; no errors there); extension 6002; secret password. No go: "unauthorized." Restarted Asterisk several times. restarted Yate several times. Changed the password to 6002 and added that new password to Yate. No go. "Reason: unauthorized (noauth)"

I've seen this in Yate before. It's not endeared itself to me as a client. I'll try something else.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Fixed. Thanks.
Code:
apt-get install apache2-utils

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
Yate is working on my LAN. I did have issues with it and DO. Took several tries to register, but did eventually work.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Yate can be quirky, but I use it all the time both locally and with D.O.

kerravon

Reaction score
Hi all, I have created a couple of VMs of PIAF on Centos 6.6 and an image of incrediblepbx on ubuntu 14.04 if anyone wants a copy just message me. The PIAF images are ony 8GB as I am going to use them for a CF based terminal. Have been working on CentOS 7 but there seems to be some problem with the
repos not working and all fixes todate want you to use yum to download this and that, but if isnt working you cant LOL:rolleyes:
cheers
kerravon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.