TIPS Google Voice outbound CID "Unknown"

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
So just for information, I'm from Canada. I also have an Incredible PBX (the freepbx kind) running the latest version of Asterisk 13 on CentOS 6.

I just configured Google Voice (via plaintext) and have the trunk set up and have a designated outbound route (dial *GV before the number you wish to call)

When I did a test call, the caller ID came through as "unknown" even though on the PBX side of things, I have my outbound caller info set. Is this an issue on Google's end? Again, I'm in Canada so there's not reallly much I can do as far as I know.

Any advice would be helpful anyways.

Thanks!

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
Okay, but even the number is not being passed either. I think I saw somewhere on Google that the only number getting passed is the Google Voice number - which I am not entitled to get since I'm in Canada, not the US. Is there any other workarounds? @wardmundy

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
All Gvoice users "suffer" from that constraint even in the US they will (IMHO reasonably) not allow you to change your callerid on a free service, , the workaround is to buy a service that supports your arbitrary callerid(num), they are all quite cheap.

As a canadian you will likely be able to use an arbitrary callerid(name) with a local provider, not so much down here ;-)

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
Darn, I was really hoping I'd be able to find a FREE unlimited calling solution that passes CID from the PBX. Guess I'll have to stick with the 1 cent per minute rates Im paying fro outbound. I get unlimited inbound so no problem there.

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
You might like anveo direct prices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.