QUESTION Google Voice behavior on hangup

billsimon

Reaction score
I'm investigating something that has recently appeared in my environment using Yate and would like to compare with someone who is using a direct Asterisk integration to Google Voice (motif, not SIP via gateway).

On calls initiated by Yate through Google Voice, if I hang up but the remote party does not, the call stays up (but silent). On Yate I see that the call was disconnected but in my Google Voice history I see that the call was billed until the remote party eventually hung up.

Could someone test this on Asterisk by calling out on your Google Voice line?

I would also be interested in knowing whether the hangup works properly on Obi adapters if anyone has one and is willing to try.

drgeoff

Reaction score
GV account on OBi1032 phone (not via Simonics). Callcentric number SIP registered on FreePBX. Analogue phone on OBi110 as extension 700 on FreepBX.

From OBi1032 I rang the Callcentric number and answered it on the analogue phone. Then I hung up the 1032 while listening to the analogue phone. It went silent but call not dropped. About 30 seconds later, a click followed by tone.
------------------------------------

OBi1032 registered as extension 701 on FreePBX. GV account connected as Motif trunk on FreePBX.

From analogue phone on OBi110 on FreePBX I used GV Motif to call Callcentric number. I answered on OBi1032. Hung up the analogue phone. Call stayed up on OBi1032 until it automatically ended about 30 seconds later.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macrohat
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.