Google Motif Problems, Dial string?

Joe Lones

Reaction score
I'm trying to diagnose why my pbx now fails to dial out with Google voice.

If I look at the Status under GV Motif, I see "Connected" in green.

This post suggests that the custom dial string needs to be altered to something like:

Motif/gusernamegmailcom/1xxxxxxxxxx@voice.google.com,300,rD(wwwwww2w$OUTNUM$#www)

Not sure this resolves but problem but I decided to try to change this, but this version old version of FreePBX I'm running doesn't allow this long a dial string to be entered.

I then tried to change it in the file:extensions_additional.conf but it always reverts back to the previous setting.

I tried what a user suggests, in the post above and still does not work. It just continuously rings when a dial and does not actually place a call:

If you are using an older version of FreePBX that limits you to 46 characters or thereabouts in the Custom Dial String field, then use LOCAL/$OUTNUM$@custom-GGGGGGGGGG-out (or anything you want after custom-, this is just a suggestion).

Submit Changes but don't click Apply Config yet.

3) Skip this step unless you could not put the full Dial string in the Custom Trunk settings, probably because you are using an older version of FreePBX: Edit /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf and at the end add the new custom context from the previous step. It should look like this:

[custom-GGGGGGGGGG-out]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(Motif/gusernamegmailcom/[email protected],300,D(wwwwww2w${EXTEN}#ww))
exten => h,1,Macro(hangupcall,)

Also tried this dial string:

Motif/gusernamegmailcom/1xxxxxxxxxx@voice.google.com,300,rD(wwwwww2w$OUTNUM$#www)

Can someone please help?

Asterisk (Ver. 13.7.2), Raspberry Pi 2.

Thanks

Last edited:

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
@Joe Lones

I believe Motif is dead now. You might want to have a look into GVSIP. There's several threads about it here.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
@randy7376 Thanks for the heads up. But is GVSIP something I could easily get running on my current setup? I'm on a rather old install of incrediblePBX.

My guess is: Probably not. The whole GVSIP thing is reasonably new.

While I'm not on IncredbilePBX, I did have Motif running on the home PBX (running Raspbx). I've followed some of the threads, but haven't figured out how I'm going to go about getting GVSIP running on the home system. It's not a priority for me, so there it sits. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.