SUGGESTIONS Good Canada SIP Provider

atomodachi

Reaction score
Any recommendation for a good SIP trunk provider for personal usage in Ottawa, Canada ?

I am a newbie in PBX and set my PIAF for home/hobby usage. Already tested internally using Zoiper SIP softphones and working great. Now I need to connect outside world by subscribing SIP trunks.

Thanks in advance.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
And rates are about $.005/min. throughout most of Canada.

atomodachi

Reaction score
I am still waiting for comment on Voicenetwork.ca. Does anyone using their service in this forum.

jurkd

Reaction score
Voicenetwork

I've been using Voicenetwork for couple of years now. Very good service, did not have any downtime so far, their rates are among the best ones. Downside - they do not support E911.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Voip.ms supports E911 in Canada...

$1.50 setup charge and $1.50/month, but they support it.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. I just found that VOIP.MS's rate is in US$.

Did anybody know about http://voicenetwork.ca ?

I use voip.ms. Never an issue. Lots of features and options. Have several DID's with them as well.

These days you'd like rates in US$. Likely the CDN dollar will be worth more than the American at the current rate (and was for a few days last week).

jades

Guru
Reaction score
Voipms is down right now : )
Inbound and outbound calls are not working. I have a few customers on their service. Thank god it's Saturday, otherwise businesses would be bombarding voipms from all 4 corners of the world.

vccstelecom

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to chime in since I landed here.

I have used voipms for a few years for failover and they are pretty stable, maybe an issue every 6 months. We use https://www.nurango.ca now, they only have premium routes but for our business model that's what we need. SIP/TLS too.

QueBall

Reaction score
Tried Flowroute. They cannot deliver reliable name display for calls to Canada and their upstream carrier refused to fix it so they are out.
Using voip.ms for home use for many years and they have been great.

Using anveodirect for business use. It's very no frills and you require a static IP so it wasn't worth it for home use but it's super cheap. Not a good option if you need someone to hold your hand though. You get 4 free low priority support tickets and everything past that is paid.
Was going to try out retail anveo back when I first setup voip.ms for home, but never really got around to it. voip.ms worked great so didn't bother and the pricing was pretty confusing on anveo.com and I wanted more subaccounts which cost extra at the time (probably still do)

A couple to consider that are Canadian:
Have heard ixica is decent but no direct experience. They have a home byod device plan at $10/mo. http://www.ixica.com/home/
Thinktel (brand for distributel which is a full CLEC) is another to check out. I believe distributel's home brand is Yak but that's where they provide the locked adapter. If you just want the SIP trunking go with their business brand Thinktel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.