GO HERE "Getting Started" is borking my install?

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
I've been following the "Getting Started" instruction epistle (alas, my previous homemade .iso which actually WORKED died and the backup had been erased), and I'm back again....

I'm trying to install on both CentOS 6.5 and 6.7, running into the same problems on either OS:

1. the grub2 command exits with an error: "-bash: grub2-mkconfig: command not found"
2. the 'update-kernel-devel' file turns out to be a reference to an HTML page not a file
3. as a result, piaf3 crashes during install.. every time
Any recommendations?

Is there an actual CORRECT version of instructions somewhere which don't bork your system?
Is there a way to get grub2 installed so the updates work and piaf3 installs properly?

And a followup question:

is this page (the decision tree) still correct - ie, are the repositories for it still accurate?

Last edited:

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
Thx... I did CentOS6.5 AND went back and did both centos7 and centos6.7...

and actually, i went thru that page as well - am on my 6th re-install, having meticulously followed these directions and met with the same levels of results.. I tried it once as well, but after it crashed, I had assumed the page you mentioned was no longer valid (it was written around 13 months ago), although that's up for conjecture.

It appears to me that several repository files are moved/changed/updated, so when you start piaf3, it borks half-way thru because of some predicate files being missing. additionally, the update-devel file reference is pulling an HTML file not an actual txt file (so it converts into gibberish after d/l & mod)...

Additionally, in reading thru the myriads of posts it appears that the "getting started" page is ~ a year out of date? sorry - this seems quite confusing, as it seems there's now a much newer .ISO?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.