FOOD FOR THOUGHT getting 10 digit # delivered to phone?? Old way doesn't work.

dallas

Reaction score
Andrew,
Are you saying that ALL of your incoming routes present callerid in e164 format (ie +1-NXX-XXX-XXXX) yet the SIP phones display the number in NANP format (ie NXX-XXX-XXXX)?
If this is correct you need to follow both calls through the log file to find where the format is modified.

I don't do dahdi as I've never had an analog card. I had a 2 line ATA years ago but got rid of it once I got my hands on some Nortel 1140e handsets.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Dallas,

My trunks have their context defined as from-pstn-e164-us. They go to a ring group. The ring group contains dahdi extensions and SIP extensions. The SIP extensions correctly display 888-555-1212 and a lookup from the phonebook. The dahdi extensions display 1-888-555-1212 and the lookup from the phonebook. The phonebook ONLY contains the 888-555-1212 entry (not with a leading 1). So it seems to be something isolated to the phone's display/setup.

Since flowroute needs 11 digits to dial, my dialplan adds it as needed. I can redial from the dahdi handsets, so no harm is being done. At this point, I just don't understand why the "1" is still being displayed.

Andrew

dallas

Reaction score
My trunks have their context defined as from-pstn-e164-us.

from-pstn-e164-us does the following...
CallerID(number) presented in e164 NPA format will be trimmed to a 10 digit CID
CallerID(number) presented in e164 non-NPA (country code other than 1) will be
reformated from: +<CountryCode><Number> to 011<CountryCode><Number>
and then passes the call to from-pstn.
So it's a bit of a puzzle as to why they display on dahdi extensions as 11 digit.

Anyway if it's workable then all is OK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.