Setting Up SmartHost SMTP Relay with Exim Mail and Gemeinschaft

Code:
dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config
echo "test" | mail -s testmessage [email protected]

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Good News and Bad News

Unfortunately, we're going to move GS3 to the back burner for the time being. There are just too many other promising alternatives that need attention at the moment. The deal breaker for us is that all of the voice prompts in Gemeinschaft are exclusively in German and support for English appears to still be a work in progress. While GS3 is an impressive GUI, the language barrier is just too difficult to overcome presently, and it's not something we wish to devote resources toward solving. This thread provides ample documentation for those fluent in German to move forward using the Asterisk 11 platform. Please keep us posted on your progress.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
wardmundy, understood, I have started working on the install script, I tried just changing the references from 1.8 to 11, but I saw that voice prompts in the middle of the script, which makes no sense with the locale-gen script above it.

The script goes, English identified... at line 261, and then regardless of that

INSTALLING GERMAN VOICE PROMPTS... at line 449

I have added your changes to the script, and will keep working on the Language broken bit, found here https://github.com/amooma/GS3/blob/master/install.sh

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It's easy enough to move the English prompts over once Asterisk 11 is installed, but there's all sorts of custom code in GS3 that relies upon custom German voice prompts for which there are no English equivalents. And they've hardcoded the German sound file names into the code which makes it really difficult to migrate to another language. While I love German, it's been more than a few years since my last German class.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
I will check how to solve it with the voice prompts. Maybee thoose are done with natural speakers.Original shure they are adopted from the english originals
Daniel answered why still version 1.8 of asterisk. It runs often in large installations with 10000 and more phone calls a day.Thats for is easy clustering and profiling one thing in past they take attention. In yours short installation you did notuse fail2ban for shortfix. i thought this can be the next step.I will sort out how is the best way with the voice prompts. special howto transfer for other languages. any other hints to keep attention next time?

arztde have you found any guides on the clustering, I have seen the stonith flag in the webgui, but I'm still checking for documentation.
fail2ban is a performance killer on small pbxes, like the raspberry pi, pogoplug, beaglebone etc, why bother with fail2ban if you can secure the iptables on the device from the start?

gui.PNG

secure iptables and status works fine on banana pi:

gs3status.PNG

vic555

Reaction score

Despite the laughter, there are members of this community that need a helping hand. Sure the pbxinaflash.com is amazing, as is the work you have done So If Hecatae can use his experience in tinkering with the off the path distributions, he could recommend and help some less technically inclined. He could hopefully steer them in the right direction, i.e., the incredible and certified builds, not necessarily GemeinschaftPBX GM3 or similar undertaking. After all, he does want those LFCSA and LFCE designations.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Sorry. I was only laughing because hecatae had just said that he was studying for two exams and didn't have much time to work on the GS3 build at the moment. Then 15 minutes later, along comes a request for troubleshooting help before he's had a chance to even get into the project. Didn't mean to suggest that there was anything wrong with GS3 or asking for help. It was just the timing of your request that made me spit out my coffee.

My sincere apologies. I'm under control now. :oops:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.