QUESTION FreePBX 12 Updater Module

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
So.... I happened to see that there is a new module for download in the Module Admin page.

Is it :beta1:???

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I guess I meant to say FreePBX12 in general, not the module itself.

james

Guru
Reaction score
FreePBX is RC.
A release candidate (RC) is a beta version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bug. A release is called code complete when the development team agrees that no entirely new source code will be added to this release. There could still be source code changes to fix defects, changes to documentation and data files, and peripheral code for test cases or utilities. Beta testers, if privately selected, will often be credited for using the release candidate as though it were a finished product. Beta testing is conducted in a client's or customer's location and to test the software from a user's perspective.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I know what RC means...... I wasn't aware it was that far along. Last I heard it was still beta.

james

Guru
Reaction score
I know what RC means...... I wasn't aware it was that far along. Last I heard it was still beta.
It was for the benefit of all... Some folks are not aware of the software life cycle. They tend to put Alpha software in production and complain bout stability....

u2Y5z8c.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.