DEAL Free U.S. DIDs Unlimtd Channels

restamp

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I cannot get the numbers working. Below are the Asterisk logs. Unnecessary to say that fail2ban is blocking the ip during the call.

Trunk configuration made according to Nerd’s article. Did I miss something?

2018-01-31 07:38:41] NOTICE[16495]: res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c:649 log_failed_request: Request 'INVITE' from '"1347-mycallerid" <sip:1347-mycallerid@-my serve rip>' failed for '216.66.23.179:5060' (callid: [email protected]:5060) - No matching endpoint found

[2018-01-31 07:38:41] NOTICE[16495]: res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c:649 log_failed_request: Request 'INVITE' from '"1347-mycallerid" <sip:1347-mycallerid@-serverip>' failed for '216.66.23.179:5060' (callid: [email protected]:5060) - Failed to authenticate
This is the problem I ran into. The crux of it is that TelecomsXChange sends the INVITE request to port 5060. which falls under the purview of pjsip, not sip. (At least it did on my system: Incredible 13-12.3.) Thus pjsip needs to be told about this IP address.

Go to Connectivity -> Trunks -> Add SIP (chan_pjsip) Trunk

Enter a Trunk Name, the SIP server (216.66.23.179), SIP Server Port (5060), and Context. Make sure "Permanent Auth Rejection" is checked so that pjsip doesn't retry Authenticates after the first failure. I also set Qualify Frequency to a large value (32000) to minimize the error messages in the log because that was broken on my system, and for good measure I set Maximum Channels (outbound) to zero.

That's all I needed to do there. After establishing an Incoming Route for each DID, they all worked for me.

Good luck!

Last edited:

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
In my case, because I am old-school and revert my PBXs back to SIP rather than PJSIP, my PBX was running SIP on 5060. IIRC, when first started (as they all do now) its default was PJSIP @ 5060, and SIP at 5061(?) I flipped them, and thus had no problem when I (months later) added the TelecomsXChange trunk.

Good catch, @restamp

mardosas

Reaction score
Thank you for your responses. Pjsip trunk did the trick. It’s working now. Many thanks!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FYI: The new Incredible PBX 13-13 builds have chan_sip on 5060 and pjsip on 5061. The previous setup just caused too many problems... as you have discovered. :oops:

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
I would like to ask you guys if this is possible.
Is possible to use TCXC DIDs as a number to get a Whatsapp, right? The numbers can txt possibilities as they say when they send the DID to us. So is possible to work if theses DID to do an integration with Incredible?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I would like to ask you guys if this is possible.
Is possible to use TCXC DIDs as a number to get a Whatsapp, right? The numbers can txt possibilities as they say when they send the DID to us. So is possible to work if theses DID to do an integration with Incredible?

I have never used WhatsApp, so I am just guessing here. But if the TCXC DID is txt-capable then, yes, perhaps you can direct WhatsApp texts to the TCXC DID.

BUT: some similar apps impose restrictions relating to inter-operating with VoIP DIDs. Google, for example, won't let you use one during the "verify" step when obtaining a GoogleVoice number. You need a traditional, old-school landline, or cell, number for that. (But after verification GoogleVoice works fine with VoIP DIDs.) And there are various other companies and products (Uber and Craigslist, to some extent) that treat VoIP DIDs as second-class citizens.

So: why don't you try it out and report back? :)

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@tycho Thank you for your attention and answer. Yes I will try it and than I will write here what happens, just need to pick up a DID from TCXC and ask to put TXT in it as they already told me that is possible, also maybe we can try Voip.ms numbers as it can be used to send SMS.
I do not know if you saw another post mine about multi atendant : "Whatsapp Telegram with Incredible 13-13" this is why I'm looking for a way to use the social medias with PBX as we also have the Wolfang (SIri) in it may be we can do a Digital Operator to work for Ecommerce Websites since they receive a lot of questions about products, delivery and complains. I think that this can be a good business.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Ordered two VT DIDs from TCXC and have received no email, nada, in five days, and I'm a customer.

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@w1ve you can solve this if you would like, this also happens to me when I ask for a DID from Vermont. Just send an email to Brian and he will help you. Brian Shepard - [email protected]

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Perfect. Thanks!
Brian called me and apologized... They have been overwhelmed with orders, but promises to fill every one. Like I thought, they can still make some money when traffic is on those DIDs.. so please use them if you order them.

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@w1ve Brian is a very kind person, he also call me when I was having problem with of his DIDs.
Now I'm thinking in try to use his DID to setup a Whatsapp as he says that the DID can work with TXT, maybe we can setup some services with this feature.

restamp

Reaction score
FWIW, I just got a couple "Emergency Notices" from [email protected] to the effect that their switch IP for their free inbound DIDs service had changed -- in fact, according to them it had already changed. Several of my free DIDs had gone dark several days ago, but others were still working with the original IP. Never-the-less, I followed their advice and pointed my telecomsxchange trunk to the new IP and... well to be honest, things flip-flopped: The DIDs that had stopped working started working again, but my other working DIDs would no longer authenticate because they still carried the original IP with them. Furthermore, I'm not even sure whether or not the new IP is considered proprietary, so I won't give it here.

But a word to the wise: Check your mailboxes and be prepared to make some changes on your TelecomsXchange trunks. (And don't forget to add their new IP to your iptables!)

Addendum: After thinking this through, I believe the easiest way to make this transition seamless is to duplicate your TelecomsXchange trunk and set one to the new IP and the other to the old one. That's what I did and all my TX incoming DIDs seem to be working now. (When the migration is complete, I'll go back and remove the trunk with the original IP.)

Good luck!

Last edited:

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts and tips, @restamp. I also received the emails, although haven't been in a rush to do anything about it...

Edit to add:

After plugging in the new IP on a cloud PBX instance, while keeping the old, I see this:

Code:
Chan_Sip Peers

Name/username             Host                                    Dyn Forcerport Comedia    ACL Port     Status      Description                 

telecomsxchange1          216.66.23.179                               Yes        Yes            5060     OK (18 ms)                               
telecomsxchange2          65.19.166.69                                Yes        Yes            5060     OK (66 ms)

So, it looks as if both are communicating...

Last edited:

restamp

Reaction score
When TelecomsXchange first came out with their free inbound DIDs offer, I jumped on it and acquired 5 DIDs from them -- and until recently they worked well. Well, over the past month 4 of those DIDs have stopped working. None of these DIDs is in what I would call a high call volume setting, but neither are they not being used. A quick peek at the CDR data show they all have at least a couple dozen entries and certainly more than the published minimum number of completions and minutes used. They were being used for things like forwarding phone numbers.

I've opened a ticket with [email protected], got a canned reply indicating that they'd get back with me shortly, and then nothing.

Thus, I'm canvassing the group: Am I the exception or have others had a similar experience with these folks? Has anyone had any luck *acquiring* more free DIDs recently? Granted, the free DIDs offer was generous and I'm told one should not look a gift horse in the mouth, but I feel like I've upheld my end of the bargain on this deal and yet I am still left trying to get information from a brick wall.

So, what are other people's experience with the free DIDs offer? Did I do something to tick TXC off or am I just one of the humbled masses? Inquiring minds want to know.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Although I applied for free DIDs and got none, and had a great email exchange with ipc-LLC, nada DIDs after many months.

This has nothing to do with TelecomXchange... they have been awesome, very responsive and even dug to find me deals for hard to serve rate centers.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I acquired 5 DIDs when this was first announced: 2 in the 515 A/C and 3 in the 319 A/C. Several weeks ago I noticed that my 515s were ringing to some other destination. Opened a ticket but got no response whatsoever...

Merlin

Reaction score
Absolutely horrible customer service from what I've seen so far using @wardmundy referral link. They need to get their act together.

I tried to sign up 5 times with TelecomXchange since January and haven't had much luck. I never got any free DID's, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but not responding is completely unacceptable. Trust is VERY important and it goes both ways.

I called their 855 number a few hours ago and nobody picks up. However, they did send me a text message asking how the call went, which is illegal. I've never experienced a situation where I want to spend money, but the company doesn't want it.

It's a real shame because I had high hopes to use them for my call center, as well as my PBX's.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Absolutely horrible customer service from what I've seen so far using @wardmundy referral link. They need to get their act together...

It's a real shame because I had high hopes to use them for my call center, as well as my PBX's.

Might want to take advantage of the Nerd Vittles special with Skyetel. They can get very competitive for call center traffic. Just mention it when you sign up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.