NEW Free Oracle Cloud Instance

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
wow, that was a quick reply. thank you. What about the other question? stateless yes or stateless no?

thanks
I have the sateless for all protocols as per @wardmundy post somewhere -letting all stateless protocols through the Oracle firewall and letting the Incredible firewall (iptables) take care of blocking most of them. That is just the 1st line of the ingress rules of the OCL firewall. In Ingress Rules below the port 1234 is for whatever number ssh port you have configured and allowed in incrediblepbx iptables as well as in the ssh/sshd_config file

OCLingressrules.JPG OCLstateless.JPG

Last edited:

voipgkavek

Reaction score
I have the sateless for all protocols as per @wardmundy post somewhere -letting all stateless protocols through the Oracle firewall and letting the Incredible firewall (iptables) take care of blocking most of them. That is just the 1st line of the ingress rules of the OCL firewall. In Ingress Rules below the port 1234 is for whatever number ssh port you have configured and allowed in incrediblepbx iptables as well as in the ssh config file

View attachment 4685 View attachment 4683
I had left it as in the blog post with stateless NO and it was working since install yesterday. but I will change it to YES to avoid problems in the future. Thank you.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
ATTENTION
For the moment I'm assuming that no security action is needed in spite of the following email; but it does mention "In the future, Oracle will enforce this policy for all OCI tenancies."

here is text of email received from Oracle Cloud:

Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Customer

Security is a top priority for Oracle. To help improve the security posture of your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) tenancy, Oracle is taking steps that will require the use of multi-factor authentication (MFA) for all new tenancies. In the future, Oracle will enforce this policy for all OCI tenancies.

MFA helps reduce the risk of your tenancy being compromised by strengthening the authentication process. Along with your username and password, you will be challenged for a second factor of authentication. Oracle recommends using phishing-resistant MFA devices such as FIDO2 compliant security keys for all cloud administrators.

Immediate Recommended Action: Enable MFA for all Oracle Cloud administrators. To set up MFA using Oracle best practices, see the IAM MFA documentation: https://docs.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/Security/Reference/iam_security.htm#iam_mfa_best_practice

Action Recommended

Service(s): Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Tenant Name: redacted

What should I do if I am still having an issue?

Click this link to view your available support options.
"https://cloud.oracle.com/support/home"

dallas

Reaction score
ATTENTION
For the moment I'm assuming that no security action is needed in spite of the following email; but it does mention "In the future, Oracle will enforce this policy for all OCI tenancies."

here is text of email received from Oracle Cloud:

Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Customer

Security is a top priority for Oracle. To help improve the security posture of your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) tenancy, Oracle is taking steps that will require the use of multi-factor authentication (MFA) for all new tenancies. In the future, Oracle will enforce this policy for all OCI tenancies.

MFA helps reduce the risk of your tenancy being compromised by strengthening the authentication process. Along with your username and password, you will be challenged for a second factor of authentication. Oracle recommends using phishing-resistant MFA devices such as FIDO2 compliant security keys for all cloud administrators.

Immediate Recommended Action: Enable MFA for all Oracle Cloud administrators. To set up MFA using Oracle best practices, see the IAM MFA documentation: https://docs.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/Security/Reference/iam_security.htm#iam_mfa_best_practice

Action Recommended

Service(s): Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Tenant Name: redacted

What should I do if I am still having an issue?

Click this link to view your available support options.
"https://cloud.oracle.com/support/home"
I got that email too. It says this so I'm ignoring it at the moment
Oracle is taking steps that will require the use of multi-factor authentication (MFA) for all new tenancies. In the future, Oracle will enforce this policy for all OCI tenancies.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
got that email too. It says this so I'm ignoring it at the moment
Yes that would be the correct response atm for existing tenancy; but for new tenancies and future we will be needing a new recipe maybe some working it out the kitchen.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.